The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Australia 30 minutes from the World Cup. Jedinak with a deflected free-kick.

This match has been been complete rubbish, btw. Nigeria-Argentina and some of the other friendlies yesterday were welcome entertainment, but this has continued in the vein of the other playoffs. Horrible to watch with two poor teams (Honduras especially). Hopefully, the goal changes things.

From the highlights it looked like Nigeria played some really good stuff y'day. Iwobi in particular looking the part.

Australia 30 minutes from the World Cup. Jedinak with a deflected free-kick.

This match has been been complete rubbish, btw. Nigeria-Argentina and some of the other friendlies yesterday were welcome entertainment, but this has continued in the vein of the other playoffs. Horrible to watch with two poor teams (Honduras especially). Hopefully, the goal changes things.

From the highlights it looked like Nigeria played some really good stuff y'day. Iwobi in particular looking the part.

Ekong, Mikel, and Iheanacho were very impressive as well. It was a strange match, tbh. We were embarrassing for the first 40 minutes, including possibly the worst minute of goalkeeping I have ever seen in my entire life. Then Iheanacho scored a wonderful freekick after the first decent attacking move and the rest of the match was pure domination. Argentina's defense just could not cope with the pace and skill going forward. June is far away, but the manager has impressed me with what he has built thus far.

Italy have been unlucky. They get drawn in a group with Spain, and Sweden can be a tough nut to crack. I didn't see every minute of the 180, but Italy did carve out some chances.

They'll be a miss. The Italians often play with skill and creativity.

I'll manage just fine without a country whose fans boo and whistle the national anthem of their opponents.

Whoa, I missed this. Had to Google it.

Yeah, fuck them.

Swedes did that against Portugal four years ago.

2-0 Australia. Jedinak again from the spot. USA should be ashamed of finishing behind this team in qualifying. :lol:

:lol: It was intentional. A principled stand against a World Cup in Russia. The greatest living player is American. The only thing that makes sense is a boycoutt.

Guest neesy111

2-0 Australia. Jedinak again from the spot. USA should be ashamed of finishing behind this team in qualifying. :lol:

:lol: It was intentional. A principled stand against a World Cup in Russia. The greatest living player is American. The only thing that makes sense is a boycoutt.

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

Yes, had difficulty explaining to my son how the US managed to finish behind. We saw the us demolish them 6-0 a few months back.

I’ll generally root for any team from concacaf in international competitions, but not Honduras. Awful, awful team to watch. Glad they won’t be in Russia.

Sounds as though Peru have acted like cunts.

Pretty much, from off the pitch with delayed flights, fireworks at 3am outside the hotel, the bus taking the long way from the hotel and flying fucking fighter jets over the hotel at random hours, as well as on it when they spent the whole game diving, pushing and pulling - along with the customary laser pointer to the goalies face.

I mean you're 10th in the World - we're in the 130's and don't really give a shit, seems like a very petty thing to do.

Sounds as though Peru have acted like c***s.

Pretty much, from off the pitch with delayed flights, fireworks at 3am outside the hotel, the bus taking the long way from the hotel and flying f***ing fighter jets over the hotel at random hours, as well as on it when they spent the whole game diving, pushing and pulling - along with the customary laser pointer to the goalies face.

I mean you're 10th in the World - we're in the 130's and don't really give a s***, seems like a very petty thing to do.

They qualified :lol: I love that outside the hotel thing. Classic stuff. Has always been like that. The laser is weird however, why do people keep using that.