The other games today 2017/18

Greg

All Lovren does is put his hands up as Calvert Lewin jumps into him. He doesn't shove him or bundle him over.

They're both running, Calvert-Lewin steps across him/initiates contact/shields the ball/whatever you want to call it and Lovren continues running, knocking him over with a combination of his momentum, his body, and his hands. You can't just ignore him running into him.

But he doesn't run into him. Calvert-Lewin runs into Lovren and then collapses on the floor as if shot by a sniper.

Well agree to disagree, we obviously see it completely differently. We'll wait and see whether he gets done for diving.

I don't think he'll got done but it's how a lot of players play for pens in the box these days, jump into the defender and then go down in a heat. It's become very common and needs to be stamped out.

Just to complete the spectrum of opinions I'm completely and utterly ambivalent towards the decision, can see why it would be given but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. Don't think it's too clear either way.

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

I'm pretty sure I've seen every angle now, yeah. :lol: My opinion hasn't changed and unless there's another angle I'm missing, it won't change. Soft, but clear penalty.

EDIT: Got your PM, yeah I've seen that, still have the same opinion.

Shaktar were leading 1-0 but managed to get three red cards in the last 10 minutes of the game and then conceded twice in added time to lose 2-1. I'd be livid as a fan.

A penalty and an own goal in added time too. :lol:

How's Bernard doing for them Flip?

No idea :lol: Don't watch the Ukranian league. Did score a beauty against City though.

Shaktar were leading 1-0 but managed to get three red cards in the last 10 minutes of the game and then conceded twice in added time to lose 2-1. I'd be livid as a fan.

A penalty and an own goal in added time too. :lol:

:lol: I'd be so pissed.

Similarly, Cologne, who have 3 points from 15 games and haven't won a game yet, were 3-0 up at home to Freiburg after half an hour. Ended up conceding two penalties in injury time to lose 4-3. :lol:

Manager has just joined Dortmund too, oddly enough.

If there's one thing that pisses me off about football it's the desire to just collapse as soon as any sort of contact is made. The fuckers are appealing for a pen before they've even hit the deck. Any touch to any body part = theatrical collapse to the ground.

Doesn't help when you've got pundits saying that "he had a right to go down" or "he's been clever" too. Contact =/= foul =/= collapse in a heap.

Similarly, Cologne, who have 3 points from 15 games and haven't won a game yet, were 3-0 up at home to Freiburg after half an hour. Ended up conceding two penalties in injury time to lose 4-3. :lol:

Jesus :lol:

It's not even contentious outside of Klopp and this thread as far as I can tell. :lol:

Loads on reddit think it wasnt a pen.  Can't link to it cause it has replays :yao:

This one made me laugh

Touch him on the back and he throws himself to the ground.

Sky Commentators buying into it and ignoring the exaggeration cos Calvert-Lewin is English.

Not even close to being a penalty for me.

This. Touched him, so f***ing what. It doesn't make him fall over in any area of life apart from for a penalty on a football pitch.

Spot on as usual.