Newcastle United 1 - 0 Burton Albion - 05/04/17 - NUFC relegated to League Two

Dave

If diving keeps getting worse we might need a rule where it's only a penalty if you deny a clear goal scoring opportunity. Or something. Maybe. (I haven't seen this incident yet)

I always thought it would be simple to just implement a rule whereby all players must try their absolute best 'within  reason' to stay on their feet, no matter what happens.

Then every match gets reviewed on video by some sofa-refs and anyone who is deemed to have gone down deliberately easy, 10 game ban. Anyone who hacks a player to death gets another ban, and so on.

In addition, each team gets 3 video reviews per game, and they can call it if they think a player has dived or hacked one of their players, if the video is correct, the player is instantly off.

Would bring the game back to being physically exciting again and take away all this cheating shit. Good players will still thrive, Hazard gets kicked to bleeding most weeks as it is.

Stroud won't officiate game against Gillingham and Milwall this weekend

Him, and his "team", should never officiate a professional game ever again after their inept performance last night!

It did make for an amazing atmosphere though.

Stroud won't officiate game against Gillingham and Milwall this weekend

Him, and his "team", should never officiate a professional game ever again after their inept performance last night!

It did make for an amazing atmosphere though.

For like 4minutes...

Also Rafa giving Ritchie a peck on the cheek at full time. What a bloke.

Someone mentioned Ritchie is Rafa's Dirk Kuyt (we finally signed him!), and I think there are definite similarities there.

Honestly when the mistake happened I thought (along with a few at SSN) that the most logical thing was that for some reason the ref was awarding it for a free-kick seen before the pen was awarded. The idea that two officials could get such a simple rule that every fan knows wrong seemed even more riddiculous  :lol: . Feel a bit sorry for him now like if we'd drawn it would be a very different story.

Guest chopey

I was sat a few seats away from an FA representative on wedensday night, and after the incident a official looking bloke in a Newcastle Blazer walked over to him and pointed at Charnley and Kieth Bishop, Charnley had his phone raised in the air and the bloke nodded and then answerd his phone.  At halftime Steve Harper went to talk to the FA bloke along with Brin Law from SKY.

Possibly this guy:

The referee's assessor for tonight's game was scheduled to be Tyneside-born former whistler Alan Wilkie - his report should make interesting reading.

I was sat a few seats away from an FA representative on wedensday night, and after the incident a official looking bloke in a Newcastle Blazer walked over to him and pointed at Charnley and Kieth Bishop, Charnley had his phone raised in the air and the bloke nodded and then answerd his phone.  At halftime Steve Harper went to talk to the FA bloke along with Brin Law from SKY.

Did he look like this?

ovzfuxba.jpeg