Newcastle United 1 - 1 Leeds United - 14/04/17 - Post-match deflation from pg 26

Dave

Was that daft fat c*** who ran on in injury time one of ours or a Leeds fan? Pushed a Leeds player but was trying to fight off the stewards to get at people in the Gallowgate after.

Was spitting at some of wor lot, according to a mate of mine who was sat close by. :rant:

The police decided to walk him out of the ground at FT too which was totally braindead. Quite a few having a pop at him on the Gallowgate steps opposite the Strawberry. Embarrassing.

Guest chopey

How would a Leeds fan get onto the pitch unless he was in the home end?

He came on from the east stand and was giving the wanker sign when he was walked off past the gallowgate it looked like he took a few digs from the blokes in the strawberry corner

He came on from the east stand and was giving the w***** sign when he was walked off past the gallowgate it looked like he took a few digs from the blokes in the strawberry corner

Him and another lad, who I assume was his mate and came out with him when he was thrown out, got a right hiding outside the Gallowgate afterwards. Pretty safe to say they'll be spending the night in the RVI. The stewards foolishly tried to take him out through the Strawberry Corner which resulted in loads of people running down to give him a kicking but he was pretty well protected by a wall of stewards around him. Unfortunately for him the stewards were totally overpowered by Newcastle fans once outside and, well let's just say he'll be sore for a long time to come and I doubt will pull a stunt like that again in a hurry!

He came on from the east stand and was giving the wanker sign when he was walked off past the gallowgate it looked like he took a few digs from the blokes in the strawberry corner

Loads of Leeds fans in the leazes when they scored,narky horrible bastards, mind this constant goading of "big teams" fans after the game is seriously gonna kick off big style one day, the pissed up Leeds fans were right up for a fight mind.

The game anyhoo......we dominated and its shite to lose 2 points when they never looked like threatening after an early flurry.not too gutted but those 2 points would have sealed it.

He came on from the east stand and was giving the w***** sign when he was walked off past the gallowgate it looked like he took a few digs from the blokes in the strawberry corner

Him and another lad, who I assume was his mate and came out with him when he was thrown out, got a right hiding outside the Gallowgate afterwards. Pretty safe to say they'll be spending the night in the RVI. The stewards foolishly tried to take him out through the Strawberry Corner which resulted in loads of people running down to give him a kicking but he was pretty well protected by a wall of stewards around him. Unfortunately for him the stewards were totally overpowered by Newcastle fans once outside and, well let's just say he'll be sore for a long time to come and I doubt will pull a stunt like that again in a hurry!

Don't normally agree with this sort of mob justice but,  fuck him.

The guy at the end was obviously a Leeds fan. He went to Green to hug him and bow to him, then went to get a hug off another Leeds player before being shoved away.

Leeds fans were disgusting, 1 of the threw a punch at a copper near the segregation, he got dragged out then his mate threw a punch at another copper. Loads of them were getting taken out.

Gutted to have 2 points taken away from us like that, so undeserved. Enjoyed the game though, played well and the atmosphere was fantastic, for a pleasant change.

The pitch invader can f*** off.

Leeds fans are right cunts as well, there was bother outside Tilley's about 45 minutes before kick off thanks to them.

We'll still gan up. Title might be out of reach but I don't really care about it tbh. I doubt many others will be in August.

Good performance, didn't score enough, got robbed. Plenty of individual positives to take (Mitro and Perez especially). We're going up easily if we play like that.

Out of curiosity what positive was there to take from Perez today?

Good performance, didn't score enough, got robbed. Plenty of individual positives to take (Mitro and Perez especially). We're going up easily if we play like that.

He ran around a bit faster than usual and made a couple of tackles.  Just seemed more up for it.

He ran around a bit faster than usual and made a couple of tackles.  Just seemed more up for it.

and seemed in the game.

We tried to be expansive and for the most part it worked. Considering the opposition that was the best vwe've been at home this season and by far the most entertaining.

The fact he played well?

I thought it was a good performance in many ways, dominated completely from start to finish really. Just annoying we didn't score more than one. I'm never too bothered when something like that late goal happened, most important thing is the performance. If we repeat it we could well win all the remaining games.

Would we all agree we were a lot more expansive today, more movement etc ?

Yes, 1 lapse of concentration at the end was what undid us. Play like that in our remaining games and we'll get 12 points, never mind the 7 required points.

I thought it was a good performance in many ways, dominated completely from start to finish really. Just annoying we didn't score more than one. I'm never too bothered when something like that late goal happened, most important thing is the performance. If we repeat it we could well win all the remaining games.

Exactly, the performance, . I know it's a bit narky but do you think if we'd pushed this expansive performance a while earlier we'd be better positioned and more enertained ?

Exactly, the performance, . I know it's a bit narky but do you think if we'd pushed this expansive performance a while earlier we'd be better positioned and more enertained ?

More entertained yes, but better positioned probably not. Our squad is limited in quality and this season is long and tough. On top of that he needs to prepare everyone for next season. IMO his approach is exactly right.

More entertained yes, but better positioned probably not. Our squad is limited in quality and this season is long and tough. On top of that he needs to prepare everyone for next season. IMO his approach is exactly right.

I don't buy the "prepare for next season" stuff as the spine will/ought to be different, he changes tactics regularly though not formation (this week long diagonals, next week down the channels all the time) and we have got to the point where at home, we have become predictable ?