Ipswich Town vs Newcastle United - 17/04/17 @ 1500 - No UK TV

Guest neesy111

Divvint play Perez, ffs. Ta.

Would agree because he's useless but then again the alternative is Diame who hardly covered himself in glory when he came on last night and has also been sh*t this season.

I've yet to see anyone in the team who can play in that number 10 position.

Would agree because he's useless but then again the alternative is Diame who hardly covered himself in glory when he came on last night and has also been sh*t this season.

There isn't anyone in our current squad who can play it effectively. That's why its baffling that Rafa hasn't at least tried to go with 2 strikers, especially at home, instead of persisting with Perez and Diame. One of the (many) positions that will need strengthening in the summer that's for sure.

Guest neesy111

There isn't anyone in our current squad who can play it effectively. That's why its baffling that Rafa hasn't at least tried to go with 2 strikers, especially at home, instead of persisting with Perez and Diame. One of the (many) positions that will need strengthening in the summer that's for sure.

I don't think the 2 strikers would work be much better mind.  Both Gayle and Mitrovic would want to be in the number 9 role, Gayle for me has to play on the last man otherwise you'd lose his goalscoring instinct imo. 

Think it shows how unbalanced the squad is.

Think we'll win, bring Yedlin back in and hopefully Clarke.  We're far from perfect but I think there is spirit in the side and a real hunger to finish the job.  The performance last night shows it, 0-1

I don't think the 2 strikers would work be much better mind.  Both Gayle and Mitrovic would want to be in the number 9 role, Gayle for me has to play on the last man otherwise you'd lose his goalscoring instinct imo. 

Possibly not but one of my favourite parts of this season was when Mitrovic came on for the last 20 minutes at home to Norwich and him and Gayle absolutely destroyed them. Norwich just didn't have a clue how to defend against the pair of them. It was a joy to watch. Obviously that wouldnt happen every week but I would love to have seen them get a little bit more time on the pitch together especially with Perez and Diame being so poor.

Guest neesy111

Possibly not but one of my favourite parts of this season was when Mitrovic came on for the last 20 minutes at home to Norwich and him and Gayle absolutely tourchered them. Norwich just didn't have a clue how to defend against the pair of them. It was a joy to watch. Obviously that wouldnt happen every week but I would love to have seen them get a little bit more time on the pitch together especially with Perez and Diame being so poor.

Yeah, we should had defiantly tried it more often mind, especially when we've been losing games.