Nufc player of the season 2016/17

mighty__mag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ritchie

Gayle

Clark

Shelvey

Hayden

In that order.

Ritchie dragged our arses through the last few months and must be absolutely knackered. Ran for pretty much 90 minutes for every game. Has massive heart, cracking ability and isn't afraid of a nasty tackle every so often. Standout player for me.

Hate to say it in a way but for me Shelvey has to be one. Think Gayle would have to be the other statistically speaking. Very tough question though. Ritchie and Clark being close behind. I just think we're a different side with Shelvey and without Gayles clinical finishing we'd not be about to win the league

First half of season Shelvey was certainly hugely important, possibly the best. Ever since his ban he has been poor which i think hugely contributed to less than stellar performances for a lot of it.

First half of season Shelvey was certainly hugely important, possibly the best. Ever since his ban he has been poor which i think hugely contributed to less than stellar performances for a lot of it.

Not having Hayden alongside him had a lot to do with that aswell though I reckon

Not having Hayden alongside him had a lot to do with that aswell though I reckon

Yep. Also, the lack of movement ahead of him didn't help. This was caused largely by absences of Gayle and to an extent Yedlin but also the rest of the team seemed more nervous second half of the season with some players happy to "hide" from the ball. Shelveys a good passer but he's not a magician and if the players ahead of him are stood still behind a marker he's gonna struggle to open the defence up.

As for the poll, Ritchie for me as he's dragged us over the line in the last few months. Second vote for Gayle- 20 goals by January, can't really argue with that!

Ritchie and a bit of a soft vote for Dummett. Played more league games than anyone else, yes we know he has limitations but thought defensively he was solid and consistent throughout the season.

Some of the other players who had a huge impact still had off days or other problems (Gayle and Hayden injuries, Shelvey the seemingly never ending will to do something to get sent off/banned/hated by everyone).

Those other players mentioned may have had higher highs, but Dummett got about his job to a high level all season. Saying all of that, would be very surprised if he was our starting left-back next year.

Ritchie, consistent all the way through.

I disagree.

He's definitely been one of our top 3/4 performers but he had a dip in form around Christmas. Probably because he was being overused?

I disagree.

He's definitely been one of our top 3/4 performers but he had a dip in form around Christmas. Probably because he was being overused?

Possibly, this is when Rafa was hoping to bring in a couple of faces to freshen the squad but Ashley was having none of it.

I disagree.

Possibly, this is when Rafa was hoping to bring in a couple of faces to freshen the squad but Ashley was having none of it.

:thup:

That's why I argued Gayle. Shelvey has possibly been on par with Ritchie.

Gayle was getting pelters before the Norwich game, even in the first 20 minutes of it all. Ritchie around Christmas. Shelvey has lately been the one to incur the moans. None of them really deserve much critisicm considering how much they've contributed.