The Portuguese Nile Ranger

Ikon

Promising:

CB's should have the best pass rating in any team, as most of their passing is fairly straightforward however you can see if this is true what is appealing to Rafa, he want's his team to bring the ball out and build from the back.

O Jogo: Newcastle have a £12m verbal agreement with Sporting for Ruben Semedo with the deal to be completed in the next few days.

I bet that there's gonna be at least 7 new twists before it happens :lol: (if it does)

I must admit that I have no feeling about this deal apart from trusting Rafa's judgement.

Never heard of him, never mind seen him play.

Same here. Never heard of him either but if Rafa wants him it's good enough for me.

I must admit that I have no feeling about this deal apart from trusting Rafa's judgement.

Never heard of him, never mind seen him play.

It's the sort of deal I was hoping for precisely because we've got a manager who should know more about these unknown guys than your Graham Carrs or Dennis Wises.

He can play it out from the back, looks strong, composed and has pace. Whatever attribute he's lacking, Rafa can sort out, like discipline, tactics and so on. Enough to get me excited :lol: :thup: /Wise

Dennis Wise yeah, but Semedo has all the hallmarks of the profile of player that Carr has scouted.

No doubt Carr won't get any credit for any decent signings, it will all be Rafa. The liberal NUFC elite have turned on him.

People won't agree, but i firmly believe that if Rafa was here instead of Pardew during those years those players that were signed would have looked 100x better.

Totally agree, Mbiwa, Cabella and Thauvin (I know he was signed after Pardew left) are prime examples of players who had talent that Rafa would have extracted more from had he been in charge at the time.

People won't agree, but i firmly believe that if Rafa was here instead of Pardew during those years those players that were signed would have looked 100x better.

We probably wouldn't have signed those players mind if Rafa was the manager, Rafa would have aimed higher but your point is fairly spot on.

Why wouldn't people agree that a better manager would get more from players - even poor ones - than a shite manager would? :lol:

He can play it out from the back, looks strong, composed and has pace. Whatever attribute he's lacking, Rafa can sort out, like discipline, tactics and so on. Enough to get me excited :lol: :thup: /Wise

This is by no means a criticism of Rafas coaching ability, but this constant claim that coaches can do this and that with players, make them better, make them stop making mistakes, make them concentrate, is by no means certain and frequently is obviously not the case. Titus was a supremely talented CB, physically imposing, good with both feet, but he constantly had a mistake in him and constantly lost concentration despite some excellent managers trying to improve him. Closer to home and more recently Lascelles has definitely not improved the weaknesses in his game nor has Dummett and I'm sure Rafa and everyone at NUFC have been trying to make them better players.