The Portuguese Nile Ranger

Ikon

I think the sell-on clause (in this instance, if it's 20%) is worth the gamble. Highly rated products of their academy are usually moved on for large fees, so £12m is a bargain. If he was to fulfill his potential (under Rafa's coaching) we'd still come out well ahead after Sporting take their cut (in the event of a big money transfer)

If this pans out as reported, I hope he turns out to be a cracking signing for them/Southampton. They've gambled - good luck to them.

We're unwilling to meet their demands apparently but Southampton are so chances are he'll be off there. Bring on the meltdown.

Obviously no need for a meltdown but it's a slight concern that we have seemingly already failed to sign one of Rafa's top targets.

Wonder if it's Rafa who's undecided on the fee or Thumb head. If Rafa doesn't mind the extra tiny bit of cash then he won't be happy about this...

If we lose out on him that is.

Should we be mildly concerned if we've already lost Rafa's very first target over what appears to be a million or two?

I know Southampton are more desperate, what with the imminent departure of Van Dijk, and it's all conjecture at this point - but we've seen this sort of thing before.

[/doommonger]

Should we be mildly concerned if we've already lost Rafa's very first target over what appears to be a million or two?

I know Southampton are more desperate, what with the imminent departure of Van Dijk, and it's all conjecture at this point - but we've seen this sort of thing before.

[/doommonger]

Yes, it concerns us all. But don't mention it again, ever.

[/doommonger]

How do you know it's only over a million or two though? And we haven't even 'lost' him yet :lol:

[/doommonger]

How do you know it's only over a million or two though? And we haven't even 'lost' him yet :lol:

Don't even know that he's our 'first target' either.