Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

He’s no leader.. think Lascelles coming back will stabilise things once he’s told what to do or where to be.

But to be honest our central midfield gave them absolutely no protection yesterday and Watford had a game plan to expose Yedlin and Ritchie down the right side.

Which was a tactic that Benitez failed to address after how many chances they had before they actually scored.

So it’s not all LeJeunes fault.

He's our best defender. I know Lascelles has been getting high praises but he's technically not as good as Lejeune and never will be. He's a good leader and reliable and will improve (might even play for Eng one day) but right now it isn't fair to single Lejeune out because we have a team with huge flaws. It also takes def from another league half a season to a season to come up to speed.

For all his classy touches and moments of looking composed. He seems to lose his man, fuck up really simple things and make basic errors on a regular basis.

It’s probably just me. But his languid style and perma-confused, gormless expression. Just makes it look like he doesn’t give a shit. Some similarities to early form Colo.

He looked really promising up until that Southampton fuck up. But he has been getting found out more and more of late.

Dont really understand those willing to write him off. It's very short-sighted. I still think once Lascelles is back Lejeune should still have a look in, I've seen enough to feel once he's completely settled we will see some quality performances from him.

Who has written him off?

He's been pap, he's costing us goals. He's struggling so much with basic defending. Every ball over the top he was scrambling. A lack of agility, a lack of pace. Spreading panic. Air kicks. Ducking headers. Playing attackers onside. He's rightfully being criticised.

Over the medium term, I hope he can become good. But we need to stay up. We need points and clean sheets now.

We need Lascelles in and Lejeune out asap. Reintroduce him and rebuild his confidence later.

Stop it with the f***ing pap word, man! :lol: You only use it so often because you know some people don't like it :lol:

Nah, I use it so often because our players have performed so poorly. I started this some time ago but you know... we've been pretty good for 14-15 months.

We're back to the days of Colo Clown and Willo the tank engine centrebacks. Non-defending fullbacks. No creativity in midfield. No skill up front. And it just so happens my descriptive word of choice for ineptitude is pap.

Dont really understand those willing to write him off. It's very short-sighted. I still think once Lascelles is back Lejeune should still have a look in, I've seen enough to feel once he's completely settled we will see some quality performances from him.

Who has written him off?

He's been pap, he's costing us goals. He's struggling so much with basic defending. Every ball over the top he was scrambling. A lack of agility, a lack of pace. Spreading panic. Air kicks. Ducking headers. Playing attackers onside. He's rightfully being criticised.

Over the medium term, I hope he can become good. But we need to stay up. We need points and clean sheets now.

We need Lascelles in and Lejeune out asap. Reintroduce him and rebuild his confidence later.

There's a lot of negativity surrounding him that I'm seeing. Don't think it's very useful personally, of course he's struggling at the moment, everyone is, but I tend to veer more towards staying behind a new player who is in an adjustment phase than to be critical of his every move. Still lots of positive signs from him this season.

Who has written him off?

There's a lot of negativity surrounding him that I'm seeing. Don't think it's very useful personally, of course he's struggling at the moment, everyone is, but I tend to veer more towards staying behind a new player who is in an adjustment phase than to be critical of his every move. Still lots of positive signs from him this season.

There's negativity... because he's been bad... because he looks to be struggling with defending... not just one aspect.. but... defending as a whole. That is his job.... so he's going to get criticised. This is a forum... to talk, share ideas and debate.  He's started and finished maybe 6 games, we've not had a clean sheet with him in it iirc... he's directly been at fault for multiple goals.

SO here we are... talking about how bad he's been. I dunno what the problem is.

Nobody is saying he should be sold in January or banished from the first team forever. It took about 18 months for that to be the case for Jack Colback man (unanimously anyway). Nobody's written Lejeune off.

Don't think he's bene as bad as to say he's struggling defensively as a whole. He has good moments and bad, I'll take the option of focusing on those good moments rather than passing judgement of him as a player based on the bad. If he had been here 2 years I would agree, but he's been here 2 minutes and has shown us a lot of good moments, and has attributes our other defenders don't.

Who has written him off?

He's started and finished maybe 6 games, we've not had a clean sheet with him in it iirc...

You recalled incorrectly.

Who has written him off?

He's started and finished maybe 6 games, we've not had a clean sheet with him in it iirc...

You recalled incorrectly.

Sorry. 8 games completed. 1 clean sheet.

The good footballer angle at this level is like someone being intelligent in an office environment. I've worked with some very intelligent people who are crap at their jobs. Being an intelligent person or a good footballer rightfully buys you more country. But it doesn't matter as much as getting the job done.

Not strictly talking about Florian here.

We've just had a number of players who are tidy ability wise but not very good at their jobs. Janmaat, Santon, Colo to a less degree Anita

The good footballer angle at this level is like someone being intelligent in an office environment. I've worked with some very intelligent people who are crap at their jobs. Being an intelligent person or a good footballer rightfully buys you more country. But it doesn't matter as much as getting the job done.

Not strictly talking about Florian here.

We've just had a number of players who are tidy ability wise but not very good at their jobs. Janmaat, Santon, Colo to a less degree Anita

Buys more country? Wat dat?