Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Soft as s**** defending for the Smalling goal. Seems to play really well, and then totally switch off and have a crap moment.

He also gave Lukaku a chance in the 1st half which he headed over.  Stayed with the man when all he had to do was step out and play him offside.  At the minute he shouldn't be starting ahead of Clark and Lascelles if they're both fit.

Soft as s**** defending for the Smalling goal. Seems to play really well, and then totally switch off and have a crap moment.

He also gave Lukaku a chance in the 1st half which he headed over.  Stayed with the man when all he had to do was step out and play him offside.  At the minute he shouldn't be starting ahead of Clark and Lascelles if they're both fit.

Aye he needs to learn to take note of what's around him.  Both times the player was behind him and he seemed to have no idea

Just going to reinstate a bit of balance here given the above comments, which are fair enough observations but don't reflect fully the reality imo.

Thought he showed (at times) unbelievable composure and class today. He really is a quality footballer. Just needs a bit more time settling into the team and league, days like this are inevitable, just look at Lindelof, Otamendi, Mangala etc... quality defenders who struggle at first. Lejeune has been immense for us most of his time on the pitch, and I look forward to seeing what more he has in store for us. Could be one of our best defenders in a long time imo.

I'm all for giving players time but we seem to look more solid and pick up more points with him out of the side (some statto will probably prove me wrong here  :lol: )

Was going to make the same point after the last match, but thought it a bit unfair given our problems have mostly been at the other end of the pitch.

He looks very solid imo. In that first half he saved our necks 2-3 times easily with his composure and decision making. But of course I get it goals conceded stand out and as a defender that's always going to be what you're judged on.

...but for what it's worth I love watching him play and can tell he's an outstanding defender, our best imo. Put a few better players around him and he will flourish.

Jury is still out for me. Definitely has it in him and Im sure he will show more poise long term. Need Jamal back in the side cause atleast at that point it atleast looks like 3 Premier league players (think Jamal brings a confidence to the backline). Guys looked disjointed today albeit against a team clearly at a different level.

Hopefully he learns a little something today that you got to be way more physical at times. I think reading the game in front of him and such is good but crosses today were a bit concerning considering.

Is it a coincidence that our results have go down hill since he came into the side again ?  Think we miss the combination of Clark and the capt, might not be our best two centre halves but is probably our best pairing.