Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Aye excellent first game back.  I’m still not convinced he’s as good on the ball as some people make out mind, he played a terrible ball into midfield that nearly led to a goal and also played a couple more dodgy ones, but you could put that down to lack of sharpness i suppose.  Really hope he stays fit and looks as solid as that for the rest of the season.

Aye excellent first game back.  I’m still not convinced he’s as good on the ball as some people make out mind, he played a terrible ball into midfield that nearly led to a goal and also played a couple more dodgy ones, but you could put that down to lack of sharpness i suppose.  Really hope he stays fit and looks as solid as that for the rest of the season.

Aye, if that sloppy ball he gave away in first half stoppage time had led to a goal this thread would be looking very different right now :lol:

Looks a classy player though, him and Lascelles definitely our top pairing I reckon.

Has been a bit unlucky so far with injuries, specifically that one against Spurs must have felt like a nightmare especially after such an impressive pre-season. Even if he does have dips over the next few matches, still think it’s worth perservering with him over Clark.

He’s not strong enough yet for a cb - shouldn’t be getting pushed over by Lukaku I don’t care how big Lukaku is. It’s a problem for me in midfield as well; so often we’re physically weaker than the opposition: Hayden, Lejeune even Lascelles needs to improve their core and leg strength then grow some shoulders.

Lukaku's physique is unreal. None of the big men in the league are filled out to the extent he is. And Lejeune was pushed in the back when jumping, pretty hard to fight against that.

I think he means the tussle for the ball in our half. The only one Lukaku actually won. The type of tussle that favours a big striker running forward shielding the ball over a big defender having to check backwards.

He’s not strong enough yet for a cb - shouldn’t be getting pushed over by Lukaku I don’t care how big Lukaku is. It’s a problem for me in midfield as well; so often we’re physically weaker than the opposition: Hayden, Lejeune even Lascelles needs to improve their core and leg strength then grow some shoulders.

He's a fucking unit, already.  Let's get him beefed up so he looks like a heavyweight boxer and can't move around the pitch.

Absolute madness  :lol:

Real men like me are fucking hench with an 95" chest and wicked tribal tatts, man I look so fucking hard in my grey jogs and vest posing in the mirror, wow big boy. I have to book 3 seats to myself for my flight to Marbz unlike these liberals.

He's going to be a very good CB, indeed he already is. He has the attributes needed as well as very decent passing.

He proved that in La Liga and will do it here as well. We just sometimes need to be a little patient with players coming from a different league, especially like in his case where he had an unfortunate start.

If anything Lejeune wants to lose a bit of weight and gain some speed.

Lascelles must be one of most physically dominant centre backs in the league, it's almost his entire game FFS. The idea he needs to put on beef is ludicrous. He's perfect the way he is.