Florian Lejeune (now playing for Rayo Vallecano)

sempuki

Yeah, there's absolutely no way Lascelles needs to beef up, he's currently at a size where he is mobile but still able to physically dominate the majority of strikers in the league. I always think Lejeune has a strange shape, he has quite big hips but fairly small chest and shoulders.

Yeah, there's absolutely no way Lascelles needs to beef up, he's currently at a size where he is mobile but still able to physically dominate the majority of strikers in the league. I always think Lejeune has a strange shape, he has quite big hips but fairly small chest and shoulders.

Good shape for child birth though. :thup:

I think with Lukaku he's not only got the size but he's a really good athlete, in the sense that he moves very well and isn't stiff, like a lot of bigger guys can be. He is therefore usually able to get really good leverage on other bigger guys because of this.

I think with Lukaku he's not only got the size but he's a really good athlete, in the sense that he moves very well and isn't stiff, like a lot of bigger guys can be. He is therefore usually able to get really good leverage on other bigger guys because of this.

My main criticism of him would be he uses his athleticism well but not his size, basically he runs off the back of defenders and takes them into areas they don't want to be really well but i feel like he doesn't play with his back to goal very well.

Because of that he doesn't really take advantage of smaller defenders as much as his frame suggests he should but has a lot of success against bigger defenders where his athleticism comes into play.

Not many forwards these days do though so it's not like it's unique to him.

My main criticism of him would be he uses his athleticism well but not his size, basically he runs off the back of defenders and takes them into areas they don't want to be really well but i feel like he doesn't play with his back to goal very well.

Because of that he doesn't really take advantage of smaller defenders as much as his frame suggests he should but has a lot of success against bigger defenders where his athleticism comes into play.

Not many forwards these days do though so it's not like it's unique to him.

Manduzukic at Juve springs to mind. Moved out to the left since Higuain came along and has evolved himself into a winger-target-man hybrid.

Should be interesting tonight to see how he plays. Spurs don't really have to face that sort of style too often, and lost to Burnley when they decided to load on all their big forwards. 

Lascelles too small :lol:  Blokes a fucking tank.

Jamaal The Real Deal’s fucking fantastic.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/26/15/369AF87F00000578-3708982-Darryl_starts_hurling_insults_at_his_rival-a-119_1469543568770.jpg

I’M A TANK!

As if improving your core strength makes you bigger. Fact is in many on the floor challenges our players are weak - go in for the tackle and come off second best so often. Our players are always getting “eased” off the ball. Lascelles times tackles well but very rarely does he out-strength a forward with his body before winning a header. It’s the core and leg strength for positioning much of our team lacks. Shielding the ball, which relies on leg and core strength, our team is weak. Watching Watford v Arsenal at the start of the season showed me how much stronger premier league players are in core strength compared with championship; watford’s Team has dtronger players than ours.

And is it hell a criticism of Lascelles and lejeune, just an area they can improve. Same goes for Merino and Hayden. It’s a bit of strength in on the floor challenges that is making Diame seem a bit of a revelation in the last few weeks. Almost an old school strength all Midfielder’s used to have, which Viera, Keane, Petit, Ince etc used to have in spades.

Guest alijmitchell

As if improving your core strength makes you bigger. Fact is in many on the floor challenges our players are weak - go in for the tackle and come off second best so often. Our players are always getting “eased” off the ball. Lascelles times tackles well but very rarely does he out-strength a forward with his body before winning a header. It’s the core and leg strength for positioning much of our team lacks. Shielding the ball, which relies on leg and core strength, our team is weak. Watching Watford v Arsenal at the start of the season showed me how much stronger premier league players are in core strength compared with championship; watford’s Team has dtronger players than ours.

And is it hell a criticism of Lascelles and lejeune, just an area they can improve. Same goes for Merino and Hayden. It’s a bit of strength in on the floor challenges that is making Diame seem a bit of a revelation in the last few weeks. Almost an old school strength all Midfielder’s used to have, which Viera, Keane, Petit, Ince etc used to have in spades.

I get that core strength isn’t being massive that’s a fair point, but how can you tell that our players are weak? All those players you mentioned played in a much less physically demanding league, and it might just be that players in general are much fitter?

I get that core strength isn’t being massive that’s a fair point, but how can you tell that our players are weak? All those players you mentioned played in a much less physically demanding league, and it might just be that players in general are much fitter?

I agree with greydos, our players to often get bullied. But im not sure if its strengt of the players or if its mental.

I think the timing of greydos post was a litle bit off, because our players wasnt getting "eased" off the ball against Man Utd, but if you look at many of the other games this has happened to often. 

If you look at the Lukaku situation: I dont think it was Lejeune was the foul the ref spotted, I think it was the challenge before that. Lejuene looked like he was falling very easy, if he was pushed hard he needs to make the ref see it and make himself heard.. We had a simular goal against us earlier in the season when Mbemba was pushed over, and he didnt make any noise about it..

I also would like to see Lascelles and Lejeune bulling strikers more, they need to be smart and stretch the laws of the game as much as they can, but I feel they are just too nice lads sometimes.