Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

If it was dislocated we are looking at him being minimum 6 weeks out. Up to 3 months. If you come back to early, you risk it coming out again. 

TBH it's a nasty injury because once it's happened, it's more likely to happen again. Lucky he's not a goalkeeper..

2 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

If it was dislocated we are looking at him being minimum 6 weeks out. Up to 3 months. If you come back to early, you risk it coming out again. 

TBH it's a nasty injury because once it's happened, it's more likely to happen again. Lucky he's not a goalkeeper..

This, finger's crossed he makes a full recovery. That'll mean a hefty lay-off and shed loads of physio 

9 hours ago, toontownman said:

Real shit news. Hopefully its better than feared but I don't know if that's really a thing with dislocated shoulders lol

I've done mine about 10 times. Unless it was manipulated back into place by the physio, he wouldn't be walking off the pitch like that.

Looked like it might have been a broken collarbone to me (common injury in cycling because of what you do with your arms when falling from a crash - looked like a similar impact), in which case I'd guess at 6-8 weeks or so. Some come back faster. 

Edited by Smal

26 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Howe said Dortmund it was a bad one. Don’t think any timeline has been given for it though. 

These injuries almost always end up with surgery - I am saying mid to late Jan

9 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Hope this doesn't end up being a setback for him, playing really well at the moment, may be difficult to get that form back following injury as we have already seen with other players

Tend to think thats more leg based injuries that impact their  running or kicking ability.

Schar has shoulder issues and as CB will play in a more physical area of the pitch..

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Tend to think thats more leg based injuries that impact their  running or kicking ability.

Schar has shoulder issues and as CB will play in a more physical area of the pitch..

Schär’s made of strong sexy stuff! 

19 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Has responded well to treatment and may not need surgery according to Howe this morning.

Nailed on to dislocated his shoulder first game back and be out for half a year.

12 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

For reference, Salah was only out for 3 weeks when he dislocated his shoulder. Obviously it's impossible to compare the severity at this stage.

Danger is if you fall back on it - then it’s surgery time 

Hopefully he has the area protected short term whilst playing ala Dan Burn

If he can be back after the break that’s a massive bonus 

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

Danger is if you fall back on it - then it’s surgery time 

Hopefully he has the area protected short term whilst playing ala Dan Burn

If he can be back after the break that’s a massive bonus 

I'm typing this as someone who isn't a professional sportsman, but I've had numerous dislocations (I have a condition, don't ask) to the point that they don't even really hurt anymore. Murphy won't be risked until he's healed, but just because he's done it once doesn't mean he's at any more risk of it happening again if it's treated right (which it will be).

He'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

I'm typing this as someone who isn't a professional sportsman, but I've had numerous dislocations (I have a condition, don't ask) to the point that they don't even really hurt anymore. Murphy won't be risked until he's healed, but just because he's done it once doesn't mean he's at any more risk of it happening again if it's treated right (which it will be).

He'll be fine.

You might have something similar to Ollie Pope (the cricketer) his shoulder seems to pop out a lot too