Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

What I like about him, is that he does his best every time. Might sound silly, but he goes to work and he does the job. Every now and then he does two or three bad passes in a row or makes a bad decision, but his intentions and his willingness are always on point. And he does it all with a big smile on his face.

Link up play with him and Tino just doesn't seem right. He can be sloppy at times especially the balls going backwards. Can't fault his output and work rate and selfishness but happy the club are looking to improve that side. 

Think he tends to look far better coming off the bench or starting once in a while like a squad player. When he plays as a regular he seems to feel the pressure to perform more.

Football is quite often about combinations. His strengths/weaknesses are well discussed so no need for me to repeat them… but i do feel he plays much better with Trippier behind him. Which doesn’t really get highlighted.

55 minutes ago, TRon said:

Think he tends to look far better coming off the bench or starting once in a while like a squad player. When he plays as a regular he seems to feel the pressure to perform more.

I think that's exactly right. It's diminishing returns with him, as much as I like him. He has a role to play, but he's not a main man on the pitch.