The Football Nostalgia Thread

Guest firetotheworks

Cars parked on the dog track at Chelsea?

Not sure that day but i can remember those sky blue, 3 wheelers dotted around behind the goals at many a ground back then.

they were amazing  [emoji38]

http://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Early-Disabled-Car.jpg

They had a rather unPC nickname though. Haven't seen one for years, bet they'd be worth a few bob .

Guest chopey

The smell of hops still always reminds me of match day.

Me to, also a proper hot dog from that little converted Mini hot dog van from Low Fell with onions that had taste and a proper lips and arsehole hot dog.

The smell of hops still always reminds me of match day.

Me to, also a proper hot dog from that little converted Mini hot dog van from Low Fell with onions that had taste and a proper lips and arsehole hot dog.

Back of the East?

Goalkeeping coaches registering themselves as a player "just for emergencies", and before the ink was dry on their registration form almost every goalkeeper at the club who could legally go for a pint would fall victim to injury, illness, suspension etc.

Used to be class watching matches on the telly knowing that if the keeper got sent off or injured you'd be seeing 50-odd year old Dave Beasant or whoever waddle on to gan in nets.

Goalkeeping coaches registering themselves as a player "just for emergencies", and before the ink was dry on their registration form almost every goalkeeper at the club who could legally go for a pint would fall victim to injury, illness, suspension etc.

Used to be class watching matches on the telly knowing that if the keeper got sent off or injured you'd be seeing 50-odd year old Dave Beasant or whoever waddle on to gan in nets.

Wasn't there an FA cup semi when some team literally had a pub keeper in after injries/suspensions etc ?

I'm off to check...think it may have been the semi Watford won in the 80's.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

Hearing the 'Dodgy Keeper', 'We are top of the league, say we are top of the league', and 'E-I-E-I-E-I-O up the Premier League we go' songs.

Wish this was the official Premier League Football.

As soon as I see it, I'm transported back to my youth and watching Spain '82

03C6o7g.jpg

Ah the old Adidas Tango.

My spoilt rotten mate had one bought for him, 30 odd quid which was a small fortune then circa 1983. Imagine his dismay when on the first day of playing with it,  it got popped under a National Express coach's wheels after a particularly hoofed clearance from me in the park. [emoji23]

I might have even mentioned this in thread. I had the '86 tango Azteca matchball. Apart from being a work of art it was easily the best ball I ever seen. It was bought on holiday in spain in '86 or '87 and lasted into the early '90s despite being used regularly on concrete.