Kenedy

Scottish Mag

You’d think that with Pulisic going to Chelsea, this lad would be playing for his career. He’s in danger of flushing it all away if he doesn’t turn it on soon.

The longer he's stayed here, the more apparent it becomes why Chelsea are prepared to let him go. They are absolutely right to buy Pulisic if his attitude is so unprofessional.

Guest Howaythetoon

There is a good player in there, we saw it very much last season, but for some reason it’s not happening for him this season.

As an attacking player, however, it’s always going to be tough for anyone like him to fully perform in an attacking sense given the distinct lack of quality around him, the way we are set up and his duties which are defensive first, attacking second.

I haven’t seen anything in his performances from those I’ve seen of him which is admittedly very little this season (thankfully in terms of watching our games), that would suggest he’s not trying, is lazy and has no talent. He does have talent which again we saw last season.

Having performed the way he did last season and how he settled I think he was hoping he was going to be signed permanently and that never happened. His confidence is low as is the whole team’s really who for me are playing pruerly on spirit, fight, work-rate and trying to follow Rafa’s instructions.

He’s too good for us in a sense and would flourish at say a Bournemouth or a Watford where the emphasis is more about ball retention, pass and move and attacking in the final 3rd. He is limited in an attacking sense at NUFC with his default role in the team to protect his full-back, press, maintain his position for shape and organisation off the ball and to put in a shift which I think they all do to some degree one way or another.

Kennedy in a team with the likes of Cabaye, Ba, Remy, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Enrique etc.  and he’d shine and if Rafa had those kind of players I’m sure he would set us up more on the front foot, much more. God I hate that phrase as I now associate it with Pardew which is something we rarely played.

At his best last season he was more further forward, had space and him and Perez in particular linked up well, he was supported more by his full-back too and less restricted in a certain position which is why he was able to get a brace against Southampton, switch flanks or run at the opposition centre-backs.

What little I’ve seen of him lately, he seems to be trying way too hard to show his skills and ends up looking like a donkey.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

There is a good player in there, we saw it very much last season, but for some reason it’s not happening for him this season.

As an attacking player, however, it’s always going to be tough for anyone like him to fully perform in an attacking sense given the distinct lack of quality around him, the way we are set up and his duties which are defensive first, attacking second.

I haven’t seen anything in his performances from those I’ve seen of him which is admittedly very little this season (thankfully in terms of watching our games), that would suggest he’s not trying, is lazy and has no talent. He does have talent which again we saw last season.

Having performed the way he did last season and how he settled I think he was hoping he was going to be signed permanently and that never happened. His confidence is low as is the whole team’s really who for me are playing pruerly on spirit, fight, work-rate and trying to follow Rafa’s instructions.

He’s too good for us in a sense and would flourish at say a Bournemouth or a Watford where the emphasis is more about ball retention, pass and move and attacking in the final 3rd. He is limited in an attacking sense at NUFC with his default role in the team to protect his full-back, press, maintain his position for shape and organisation off the ball and to put in a shift which I think they all do to some degree one way or another.

Kennedy in a team with the likes of Cabaye, Ba, Remy, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Enrique etc.  and he’d shine and if Rafa had those kind of players I’m sure he would set us up more on the front foot, much more. God I hate that phrase as I now associate it with Pardew which is something we rarely played.

At his best last season he was more further forward, had space and him and Perez in particular linked up well, he was supported more by his full-back too and less restricted in a certain position which is why he was able to get a brace against Southampton, switch flanks or run at the opposition centre-backs.

What little I’ve seen of him lately, he seems to be trying way too hard to show his skills and ends up looking like a donkey.

He spent ages on loan at Watford and they decided not to play him. At all

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Gone remarkabley backwards under Rafa.

That's simply not true...

The second half of last season is the exceptional period in Kenedy's career to date. This season is far more to type. I just don't think he's that good, sadly for us

Guest Howaythetoon

He spent ages on loan at Watford and they decided not to play him. At all

I’m thinking more about Watford right now or rather how they play or how they played against us at SJP which had we played like that or play like they do someone like Kennedy would have been for more involved and for more on the ball and in the final third enough to show us his skills and abilities which he’s shown he does have for us.

It was under Rafa where he hit the best form of his career last season

(why am I responding ffs)

The best way to keep him quiet is to ask him who he wants in to replace Rafa.

He always goes strangely silent then.

Of course we can send him back. Same way that tin pot Czech team sent Rolando Aarons back to us.

But currently I’d nearly play him instead of Kenedy.. at least he’s actually our player and he seems like a decent lad! Just devoid of confidence thanks to injury and a manager who has no faith in him.

When you’re in the cold with Rafa, you’re basically in nothing but a pair of keks waiting for a taxi in the North Pole.. on New Years Eve.

It’s a long walk back..

Guest neesy111

Same way that tin pot Czech team sent Rolando Aarons back to us.

Wrong.  His loan ended as Czech season has finished.

It hasn’t finished, it has a winter break. They return to play at the end of this month/start of February.

19 games into a 30 game season...

His loan was cut short.

It hasn’t finished, it has a winter break. They return to play at the end of this month/start of February.

19 games into a 30 game season...

His loan was cut short.

He never went on a season long loan, it was only until January.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rolando-aarons-finally-secures-loan-15123566

• 2 weeks later...