Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Was limping badly down the tunnel at the end. Perhaps his toe still isn't right.

Hopefully he's ended his season and has to go back to the Chelsea physio staff.  I'd much rather bring a kid through on the wing than waste time with this fraud.  I'd even rather give Murphy a run, and I think Murphy's crap.

You're strange, man.

You've never met me and you think I'm a strange man because I think a player who has played badly for us might be a bad player.

Aye.

Which kid do you want to give a go on the wing, other than Murphy? I've not seen enough of our under 23's to know which wingers are suitable for the step up to this level?

I don't want to have to play any kid on the wing, but at the minute, that is a less bad alternative to wasting time with this chancer.

Which kid is the less bad alternative? I only know about Longstaff, Roberts and Sorensen, but not sure where they play. Is Roberts the winger?

So from being one of our best performers last season and key to keep us up, to now he is utter shit and a 'chancer'. Fuck sake people :lol:

It's clear playing as a wing back isn't suited to him, so he will struggle. He clearly isn't a shit player.

So from being one of our best performers last season and key to keep us up, to now he is utter shit and a 'chancer'. Fuck sake people :lol:

It's clear playing as a wing back isn't suited to him, so he will struggle. He clearly isn't a shit player.

The stupidest opinions always seem the loudest.

He's out of form, just like Lascelles, just like Diame was or Atsu was or Perez.

In a couple of months he will have contributed a couple of match winning performances and we can get back to talking about how we will never be able to afford him.

And yes, AsprillasShinPad's patter is lifting.

Seems harsh to single him out, when it seems like our entire squad is out of form/inconsistent/generally shite. But he is so infuriating. Regularly makes the wrong decision and his crossing and long range shooting has seemed poor for a while now.

Think it's perfectly reasonable to single him out. For whatever reason he's turned to utter shit this season, it's genuinely staggering how much he's dropped off from what he showed last season. The frustrating thing is it appears to be just mental issues. - the pace/skill is visibly there but it's like he's buzzing on cocaine, doing whatever fancy tricks he thinks of with zero fucks given about whether they work or not.

Thanks Mike for not buying a squad/getting Townsend in when we had the chance and allowing us to drop players out of form like Kenedy... :tickedoff:

Think it's perfectly reasonable to single him out. For whatever reason he's turned to utter s*** this season, it's genuinely staggering how much he's dropped off from what he showed last season. The frustrating thing is it appears to be just mental issues. - the pace/skill is visibly there but it's like he's buzzing on cocaine, doing whatever fancy tricks he thinks of with zero f***s given about whether they work or not.

Thanks Mike for not buying a squad/getting Townsend in when we had the chance and allowing us to drop players out of form like Kenedy... :tickedoff:

Exactly.  It's clear he's emotionally given up on playing for us.  He needs to go back to Chelsea and move on for the good of all parties.

Decent amount of skill, but skill is only part of the story.  The mental aspect of being a player is huge, and it's clear he has minimal desire to learn or fight for Newcastle's cause.  I'd take a player with less ability but a much better mindset like a Milner or a Hughes any day over someone whom it is clear doesn't want to be here.

Think it's perfectly reasonable to single him out. For whatever reason he's turned to utter s*** this season, it's genuinely staggering how much he's dropped off from what he showed last season. The frustrating thing is it appears to be just mental issues. - the pace/skill is visibly there but it's like he's buzzing on cocaine, doing whatever fancy tricks he thinks of with zero f***s given about whether they work or not.

Exactly.  It's clear he's emotionally given up on playing for us.  He needs to go back to Chelsea and move on for the good of all parties.

Decent amount of skill, but skill is only part of the story.  The mental aspect of being a player is huge, and it's clear he has minimal desire to learn or fight for Newcastle's cause.  I'd take a player with less ability but a much better mindset like a Milner or a Hughes any day over someone whom it is clear doesn't want to be here.

It does look like its something mental, its clearly not his ability anyway. But it could be any number of things, from being pissed that we didn't buy him outright, to realising what a fucked up club he's at, to personal issues, even like you say that he's just given up for us. Hopefully it changes soon because we could really do with the Kenedy from last season rather than the one we're seeing now.

Unfortunately, its xmas - it's too late and we're too near to the relegation places to be able to afford to take any more of a risk on luxury players like him who aren't coming good.

How many more abysmal performances can we afford for him to put in before we decide the potential payoff isn't worth the risk.

He's already cost us valuable points this season - can we afford to keep backing him?

• 2 weeks later...

I defended him at the beginning of the season.. just having a kid n all. It can’t not effect every aspect of your life.

But then he saw his live Instagram feed and he was partying with his mates like a fucking 12 year old. His attitude is all wrong.

He thought he was billy big bollocks coming back.. a big fish in a small pond and how lucky we were to have him..

It took Rafa a while but the penny dropped.

Guest alijmitchell

unsurprisingly doesn't give a shit about our tinpot club. A waste of a shirt at present, but literally the best we were offered.