Kenedy

Scottish Mag

There's literally one clip of him doing anything. Surely there's some footage of him somewhere other than a bit of skill that got him nowhere against Norwich?

Surely there's a place on the internet with a lot of videos.

I searched on there, there's not a great deal of positive clips of him tbh.

In terms of being used primarily as an attack minded wingback, he is.

Pretty sure that's where Rafa will use him too so it's pretty fair to draw the comparison with our other attacking full back imo.

Ah okay. Fair enough - in terms of attributes very different.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rafa use him further forward mind.

Probably because he's not played much first team football in his career to date. Fewer than 50 games and the majority in 🇧🇷.

No, I get that. It's just people are going mad for one bit of skill against Norwich. I don't see where he fits our team, I really don't.

Still, a player in is better than nothing at all. At least it'll be interesting to boo him off.

Not convinced about your search skills. I found a bunch of highlight videos of individual games and goals & skills compilations. What exactly are you looking for?

Have you watched them? The first minute of the first video (goals and skills) show him have the ball kick into his shins as a defender or running into trouble as an attacker. Maybe I need to go 4 minutes in to find the shots and crosses?

Probably because he's not played much first team football in his career to date. Fewer than 50 games and the majority in 🇧🇷.

No, I get that. It's just people are going mad for one bit of skill against Norwich. I don't see where he fits our team, I really don't.

Still, a player in is better than nothing at all. At least it'll be interesting to boo him off.

Cover at LB for Dummett. Allows Manquillo in theory to play on his stronger side rather than cover at LB.

Allows us to play 3-5-2 being a more natural wing-back than Dummett and allows Dummett to move inside play within the central 3.

Pace, power and flair in the final third if played on the wing - a different proposition to our other wingers.

I mean, there are areas which are more of a priority but it looks to be a useful signing on paper.

Not convinced about your search skills. I found a bunch of highlight videos of individual games and goals & skills compilations. What exactly are you looking for?

Have you watched them? The first minute of the first video (goals and skills) show him have the ball kick into his shins as a defender or running into trouble as an attacker. Maybe I need to go 4 minutes in to find the shots and crosses?

You on about KENEDY | Chelsea | - Brazilian Youngster |Skills & Goals| 2016 aye?

The first 50 seconds don't even show any Football :lol:  Took about 2 minutes into actual highlights to see quite a few good tackles, interceptions and a few through balls and crosses that set up chances/goals.  Obviously its just a highlight reel so nowt to be fixated on, but its nowt like you're describing it, unless you're seeing some other video at the top.

You on about KENEDY | Chelsea | - Brazilian Youngster |Skills & Goals| 2016 aye?

It takes 50 seconds for the video start showing any highlights :lol:

And after that, it's about him not really doing much. I'm being negative, I realise this, just don't understand the fascination with that skill against Norwich.

Guest firetotheworks

It takes 50 seconds for the video start showing any highlights :lol:

And after that, it's about him not really doing much. I'm being negative, I realise this, just don't understand the fascination with that skill against Norwich.

Because it's objectively good.

I'd be surprised if he's brought in to play left back, especially over Dummet. Given the inconsistent form from pretty much all of our wingers I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting on the left with either Murphy or Atsu playing on the opposite wing. What limited play I've seen on him he looks like a pretty straight forward upgrade for us and that's considering he's barely played.

Dummett away from home when we're going to be set up to do what we did at City. Kenedy in games like the ones we had against Brighton and Swansea where we need more going forward from full-back.

I think this is probably what he has in mind. Rafa likes different options for different matches as can be seen with our ever-changing starting 11 throughout this season. I don't think he will be bringing him in with solely one position or role in mind.

I also wonder if he is thinking about a 3 at the back / 5 at the back system, utilising Kenedy and Yedlin as wing backs. Again it's an extra formational option that isn't really a possibility with Dummett or Manquillo.

Guest Howaythetoon

Wingers by nature will be inconsistent and for Murphy and Atsu it doesn’t exactly help them playing ahead of the likes of Dummett or Yedlin and the tactics we deploy which is for the full-backs to hold their line and not get too far forward. No nowt of this Chelsea player mind, hopefully he’ll come in and improve us more than what we already have. Doubt it personally, but you never know.

I don't think for a second he will play left back. Dummett is one of Rafa's favourites IMO. He will probably play left wing and Rafa will move Atsu inside.

Just another option basically.

Guest firetotheworks

I wonder if Rafa's starting to think about 3 at the back after his failed flirtation with playing 2 up front. Yedlin and Kenedy certainly seem to fit the bill as wing backs.