Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Joselu is exactly what you get for 5 million these days, someone who should be 3rd or 4th choice striker at most clubs in the league. Seems to have gone downhill since the first couple of games, maybe those missed chances against Stoke and a few in other games have sapped any confidence he had. Offers very little right now, Bournemouth is an ideal opportunity to try Mitrovic or Gayle, surely they would carry more of a goal threat.

Rafa said he's known about him for a while when he signed him. More to do with the fact he's probably as good as you're going to get for £5m for a centre forward in Europe's top leagues.

Exactly, lazily. If you dig further you'll get better. But this was clearly a panic cheap buy. Thought he'd be alright after the first three starts where he made us a better team in all three, but since then everything's gone to shit. He can't even challenge for the ball in the air properly at the moment.

I reckon we'd be about 4-5 points better off if we had managed to get Tammy tbh.

What's this based on? his general play does look better but he's hardly scoring loads of goals and it's not like we create loads of chances.

I feel like we kind of do though? Just balls up the finish more often than not.

Rafa said he's known about him for a while when he signed him. More to do with the fact he's probably as good as you're going to get for £5m for a centre forward in Europe's top leagues.

Exactly, lazily. If you dig further you'll get better. But this was clearly a panic cheap buy. Thought he'd be alright after the first three starts where he made us a better team in all three, but since then everything's gone to s***. He can't even challenge for the ball in the air properly at the moment.

For £5m?

I reckon we'd be about 4-5 points better off if we had managed to get Tammy tbh.

What's this based on? his general play does look better but he's hardly scoring loads of goals and it's not like we create loads of chances.

Nah we create very little most games outside set pieces

Swansea barely score and when they do... it's likely Tammy.

I wanted us to sign the lad permanently.

By all accounts he chose Swansea over us right? That's how he made it seem in a Sky interview. He seems to think there's a chance he could go back to play regularly for Chelsea next season... or at any point. Realistically he should be looking to gain a permanent transfer to an upper midtable club in the PL.. get in the 20 goal bracket a few times before Chelsea can buy him back.

We've scored 10 goals all season but have the 6th highest shots on target and 8th highest shots taken total. I feel like we could be doing better.

We've scored 10 goals all season but have the 6th highest shots on target and 8th highest shots taken total. I feel like we could be doing better.

Amazed by that tbh. Could be wrong then or maybe it's just the last few games we haven't created much

Though it's bad that he's literally been kicked in the balls as many times as he's scored goals for us. Probably a metaphor for how Rafa felt in the transfer market being left with him.

:lol:

That doesn't surprise me too much.  Although we're primarily a defensive side, when we do decide to go forward we're pretty good at getting into the final third but our finishing or final ball lets us down.

That doesn't surprise me too much.  Although we're primarily a defensive side, when we do decide to go forward we're pretty good at getting into the final third but our finishing or final ball lets us down.

A lot of those shots are speculative efforts from range by the likes of Shelvey or Ritchie.

A lot of those shots are speculative efforts from range by the likes of Shelvey or Ritchie.

Or piss-weak efforts straight at the keeper.  We're crying out for some genuine quality, just hope we get some in January.