Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

It's a question of the alternatives. Mitro is a poor finisher too, and doesn't link the play as well as Joselu.  Gayle is obviously the finisher, but Rafa doesn't fancy him as a lone striker in this formation.

Merino is the key. We're a different side when he's playing.

He'll not score in a month of Sundays, but if he is part of a winning team I don't really care. His general play is alright IMO, just can't finish for s***.

Even that's been poor since the Brighton defeat. It's odd because he was fantastic vs West Ham, got a goal, aye they're shite but a good performance should be praised on its merits. He was good at Swansea, unlucky not to score from a header which the keeper pulled off an outstanding save to keep out. He should've had a hattrick vs Stoke but at least he was finding the space and getting into the right positions. Since Brighton though, he's been dog shit.

He'll not score in a month of Sundays, but if he is part of a winning team I don't really care. His general play is alright IMO, just can't finish for s***.

Even that's been poor since the Brighton defeat. It's odd because he was fantastic vs West Ham, got a goal, aye they're shite but a good performance should be praised on its merits. He was good at Swansea, unlucky not to score from a header which the keeper pulled off an outstanding save to keep out. He should've had a hattrick vs Stoke but at least he was finding the space and getting into the right positions. Since Brighton though, he's been dog shit.

I disagree, I think he links play quite well, nice little lay offs and chest downs and such. He gets stick more because he's hopeless when he sees the whites of the posts, and starts ahead of Mitro IMO.

It's a question of the alternatives. Mitro is a poor finisher too, and doesn't link the play as well as Joselu.  Gayle is obviously the finisher, but Rafa doesn't fancy him as a lone striker in this formation.

Mitrovic was 3rd last year when it comes to assists and he barely played, so he's link up isn't bad

Even that's been poor since the Brighton defeat. It's odd because he was fantastic vs West Ham, got a goal, aye they're s**** but a good performance should be praised on its merits. He was good at Swansea, unlucky not to score from a header which the keeper pulled off an outstanding save to keep out. He should've had a hattrick vs Stoke but at least he was finding the space and getting into the right positions. Since Brighton though, he's been dog s***.

I disagree, I think he links play quite well, nice little lay offs and chest downs and such. He gets stick more because he's hopeless when he sees the whites of the posts, and starts ahead of Mitro IMO.

Maybe I was being a tad harsh on him, but he was a disgrace on Saturday so I can see why people are questioning Rafa not dropping him.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm really grasping now, but my guess is because he's more of a hold up man than Gayle, and he doesn't trust Mitrovic/*tin hat on* his hold up play's been slightly better? It's a lot easier to stomach with the changes elsewhere, but yeah, it's a head scratcher.

I'm really grasping now, but my guess is because he's more of a hold up man than Gayle, and he doesn't trust Mitrovic/*tin hat on* his hold up play's been slightly better? It's a lot easier to stomach with the changes elsewhere, but yeah, it's a head scratcher.

You'll need that, because he wins nowt in the air for a big man.  :lol:

I'd go with Mitro personally because I think he's more of a goal threat, although neither are finishers. But I think Rafa likes Joselu's link up play, and it's better than people are giving credit for IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

You'll need that, because he wins nowt in the air for a big man.  [emoji38]

Compared to Gayle and Mitrovic I meant.

Compared to Gayle andMitrovic I meant.

Mitrovic gets more joy from defenders like. He's also got a better touch.

Guest firetotheworks

Gonna have to beg to diff on that one. It's a bit of a two bald men fighting over a comb situation though, admittedly.

Gonna have to beg to diff on that one. It's a bit of a two bald men fighting over a comb situation though, admittedly.

But one hasn't had the chance to take his hat off yet.

Mitrovic.

Both. :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

Mitrovic.

He's played for Newcastle 63 times. You need to give up this not given a chance thing, like. He should be getting a look in, no doubt, but he's had his chances in the past.

Mitrovic.

He's played for Newcastle 63 times. You need to give up this not given a chance thing, like. He should be getting a look in, no doubt, but he's had his chances in the past.

Not this season he hasn't, which is all I'm really concerned with right now. Nout to give up on tbh, would like to see a player I like play some games, that's all :thup: