Newcastle United 2 - 3 Nottingham Forest (AET) - 23/08/17 (post-match from p20)

Disco

:spit:

Sorry to say, but he has a point like and I've said basically the same in the pre match thread. Rafa will come under pressure for this team selection, no doubt.

:thup:

It's double standards otherwise, can't criticise one manager for doing it and not another.  Rafa probably thought they were good enough to get through.

Incredibly narrow minded to not see the bigger picture here like.

What bigger picture?  It's 2 weeks into the season, no need to make 10 changes to a team.

A) he's been lied to by the owner with regards to transfers.

B) The players starting today are the ones that the club has failed to give away and have been told to play themselves to a move.

C) he's making a point to Ashley/Charnley

Sorry to say, but he has a point like and I've said basically the same in the pre match thread. Rafa will come under pressure for this team selection, no doubt.

It's double standards otherwise, can't criticise one manager for doing it and not another.  Rafa probably thought they were good enough to get through.

Incredibly narrow minded to not see the bigger picture here like.

Enlighten me please. It seems the bigger picture is lost on me. We had a cup game today, the season has only just started and we have a few first team players who could do with the match fitness exercise if nowt else. What good does it do us to field a team consisting mostly of proven dross and some youngsters? I want us to win a cup in my lifetime, and I don't care what other clubs do. If I was a match going, ticket paying fan I wouldn't be impressed tonight.

Rafa has made a pigs fucking ear of the first 3 games, regardless of how much he's been pissed on from a height this summer.

How did he make a pigs ear of the game against Spurs exactly?

Was negative shite from minute 1.

To be fair as far as your concerned we have the complete wrong manager.

Guest firetotheworks

They're not like for like which is exactly why they're not double standards in the slightest. If Pardew had won the trophies that Rafa has, or if Rafa hadn't won them then you'd find people having the same reaction as they would have with Pardew, but as that's not the case it's not a point that holds any weight. Same outcome, definitely. Same reaction, definitely not.

Definitely double standards like. It's the type of nonsensical fewm I used to defend the Dickhead against.

Mbemba ffs.

I completely disagree like. Pardew didn't have a Championship team at any point when he was managing us either. McClaren did and Rafa has, but Pardew had a lot of quality.