Newcastle United 2 - 3 Nottingham Forest (AET) - 23/08/17 (post-match from p20)

Disco

For years we've had a squad that occasionally makes the effort but in general bottles games and looks on the whole pretty lacklustre, like they can't be arsed - if that's the case with someone like Rafa as manager what is the actual problem? There's a cancer at our club, a malaise of 'meh', what's the cause???  :hmm:

:spit:

Sorry to say, but he has a point like and I've said basically the same in the pre match thread. Rafa will come under pressure for this team selection, no doubt.

:thup:

It's double standards otherwise, can't criticise one manager for doing it and not another.  Rafa probably thought they were good enough to get through.

The media didn't say fuck all when Pardew did this with a stronger squad.

It alright Pards will be back next week he has been out of work so probably owes one of Ashleys mates a good few quid and Hindu said Rafa is off so it'll be fine.

Team picked wasn't good enough; too many unecessary changes.

Sounds like all the goals were down to individual lapses which compounds the above.

Worrying but not terminal, even more imperative that those rested for the weekend make it count now.

Hanley sounded shite and pretty much a liability on the pitch, as did Diame, I can only assume it was supposed to be a shop window for some of the players Rafa wants shot of.

I can get my head around sticking with one up, stubborn isn't the word for it. Limited to one formation all the time, espeically when the game isn't going well is ridiculous. :undecided:

We don't have the quality of forward to play one up front compounded by the fact that the quality of player we have in the number 10 role is even worse. Unless fat cunt suddenly spends the funds big time which he won't it will be an easy slide back to the championship

The problem is, and I argued this last season, is our squad players aren't good enough to win games like that. The likes of Diame and Hanley should be playing for clubs like Rotherham and QPR.

Especially if they have any aspirations of playing in the 3rd round of the rumbelows cup.

I can get my head around sticking with one up, stubborn isn't the word for it. Limited to one formation all the time, espeically when the game isn't going well is ridiculous. :undecided:

We don't have the quality of forward to play one up front compounded by the fact that the quality of player we have in the number 10 role is even worse. Unless fat cunt suddenly spends the funds big time which he won't it will be an easy slide back to the championship

We need a 10, more than any other position with the tactics and formation Rafa plays 99% of the time. Simply must sign a decent 10. Ashley spending fuck all is killing us.

Not bothered about going out really, it's a competition which needs to be put out of its misery.

Hopefully the additional depression the result brings doesn't affect the attitude going into Saturday though.

Im bothered we have lost 3 in a row and don't look like winning a game

I'm pleased the 2 up front argument is back so early into the season :lol:

Doesnt matter how many people we have up front if we cant defend like. 2 goals at home to Nottingham Forest Reserves should be more than enough.

Agree. That said, 2 goals from nearly 30 efforts is a really shite conversation ratio.

Rafa stated the reasons for the team in his press conference; A, the first teamers are too important given the fact we're going to be in a relegation battle; B, the players we can't give away needed a final chance for us and for them to get the f*** out. I can't argue with those reasons in these circumstances.

If this was was the 3rd Round of the FAC, and we had a better equipped squad and we were midtable - I'd be very annoyed with the selection.

Couldn't disagree more that team selection was shocking a brilliant opportunity to move on to the next round of only 2 realistic opportunities  to win a trophy and to gain some much needed confidence both blown out the water by that team selection

I'm pleased the 2 up front argument is back so early into the season :lol:

Doesnt matter how many people we have up front if we cant defend like. 2 goals at home to Nottingham Forest Reserves should be more than enough.

Agree. That said, 2 goals from nearly 30 efforts is a really shite conversation ratio.

Prem average is 1 goal ever 9 shots.

We had 29 shots btw.

Didn't go two upfront so didn't go for it.

Stop it with the fake news disco.

You ain't creating 29 shots against Premiership teams, How many did we create against Huddersfield ? Forest are a Championship club remember, the right players and the 4-2-3-1 formation is very good, see Man Utd so far this season.  We don't have the players for, not in the Premiership anyways.

Really awful that.  So many poor displays, Forest passed the ball so easily around us.  They looked knackered in the 2nd half but we didn't make it count but then they found something extra again.

Hanley put in one of the worst defensive displays I've ever seen.  Aarons went down the tunnel with Derek Wright so hope he's not injured as he was great first half

We've reverted to the mentality of a club in free fall.

The start of last season was poor but there wasn't a bad atmosphere around the club, we knew it was a matter of time before the new signings would click.

Not the case this year..

FFS!  Souness was right in his pre-match on Sunday (fuck, I hate saying that)..... two or three bad matches and the sky falls in. 

What was Rafa saying in his talk-in at Shearers?  Will be tough times but when they happen we need to stay united.

Genuinely wondering....are other fans of other clubs like this or just us cos of the soap opera bullshit that normally goes on with us?