Newcastle United 3 - 0 West Ham United - 26/08/17 (post match reaction from p22)

Greg

I reckon with a good keeper we'll do alright. Not amazingly but alright. Keeper is our weakest area.

I don't really agree, I still think a LB and an attacking midfielder is more important. The distribution from our goalkeepers is our weakest attribute with them.

I said the other day that if you take your chances it's easier, if you make mistakes it's worse. So today, we took our chances - it could have been even better, we have to say that - but we are really pleased with 3-0.

#negativetactics #hatesgoals #play442

That play 442 thing is unfair. People just want a plan B if it's not working. Nobody says it has to be every game like.

Pure Benitez football today, like. Compact, organised, committed, full of energy and clinical with our chances. Happy to surrender possession where they can't hurt us, then disposess and punish them with ours. Properly enjoyed it, and the performance couldn't have come at a better time.

That was with a makeshift defence, missing our 'main' striker and supposed best player. Hopefully those getting restless can appreciate better what he's trying to do with this team. We won't be playing like that every week, but it would have been more often if he'd have been allowed to sign better players.

Anyway, three goals, a clean sheet and three points. Let's see what next week brings.

I said the other day that if you take your chances it's easier, if you make mistakes it's worse. So today, we took our chances - it could have been even better, we have to say that - but we are really pleased with 3-0.

That play 442 thing is unfair. People just want a plan B if it's not working. Nobody says it has to be every game like.

That is my only real gripe with Rafa, not sure i'm going over the top like.

Had to watch this from work today, my first football game of any sorts this season and what a one to watch! Great performance to the man, albeit against awful opposition. Clearly everything that Rafa has been saying in the press has really had an awful affect on the players morale. This ones for you Mike ?.... sorry I meant ?

Ever occurred to you that he has plan's B, C, D, E, and F but he uses them specifically when it suits him based on the flow of the game, fitness, injuries, opposition, subs already made, and other considerations he makes? And that they may be more subtle than you can see?

He's not a successful manager because he just plays the same system for 90 minutes every single game, he has his preferred base system and he changes shape/personnel as he sees fit.

It's really not as simple as 'we're not winning, change to 4-4-2. If it was, you'd be as successful as him.

Ever occurred to you that he has plan's B, C, D, E, and F but he uses them specifically when it suits him based on the flow of the game, fitness, injuries, opposition, subs already made, and other considerations he makes? And that they may be more subtle than you can see?

He's not a successful manager because he just plays the same system for 90 minutes every single game, he has his preferred base system and he changes shape/personnel as he sees fit.

It's really not as simple as 'we're not winning, change to 4-4-2. If it was, you'd be as successful as him.

Jeez no, i have never thought of any of that.

Did we not play 4-4-2 today ? If not 4-4-1-1. The normal "2" being much more fluid (by which I mean Merino).

4-2-3-1 worked brilliantly today, as a team we were superb and the manager was tactically spot on. When it doesn't why does asking for something different during any given game we're chasing have to mean you're being OTT.

Some daft petty point scoring going on like.