Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Paqueta will have a better season this time around. Aye he’s not best suited to Moyes ball but he will show more like he did towards the end of last season.  

He's a streaky player. Going off his history, he's as likely to have a cold streak from now as he is to continue his late season form.

12 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Mac Allister is decent but has become overrated when his profile shot up off the back of being part of the World Cup winning team. 

Same thing with Enzo. 

Hes a very good player. I don’t think either are any better than Sandro or Bruno but have a much higher profile. 

Most of brightons team are good solid players that look great in the system they were in. Thats what I think elevates there value to daft money, and the vultures of the so called big six cannot resist having a nibble. Fair play to brighton there ownership isn't daft. 

41 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

It was a release clause was it not?

But even for a 45M release - straight to Liverpool? How does 45M for Alexis MacAllister go under the radar - for that price, for that release clause? 

I don't trust that transfer

MacAllister had 1 year left on his contract at the start of last season and got that deal prior to the World Cup. Hence negotiating a good release clause price. 

Clubs like West Ham could’ve put the feelers out to him and have been rebuffed. That’s what I think may have happened to us with Maddison. He probably said that he didn’t fancy the move so we weren’t linked again this summer. 

2 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

But even for a 45M release - straight to Liverpool? How does 45M for Alexis MacAllister go under the radar - for that price, for that release clause? 

How do you mean by straight to Liverpool? What is so suspicious of that?

3 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Futurama Squinting GIF

Thats literally how release clauses work man. :lol: 

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

MacAllister had 1 year left on his contract at the start of last season and got that deal prior to the World Cup. Hence negotiating a good release clause price. 

Clubs like West Ham could’ve put the feelers out to him and have been rebuffed. That’s what I think may have happened to us with Maddison. He probably said that he didn’t fancy the move so we weren’t linked again this summer. 

I also think it's a genuine factor in Brightons operating model.

They get players in with the promise of game time and show casing their talents in the premier League.

Maybe they were unlucky setting McAllister's contract at 45 million in a summer when fees jumped up massively but then at the same time got lucky that there was no clause on Cacidoes.

Just now, Hot Since 1882 said:

I know how release clauses work.

If there was actually a 45M release clause - there would be Hounds at the gate for his signature. 

But Liverpool are still a huge club with amazing facilities and coaching setup. They also pay big wages. Why wouldn’t a player go there if they pay the fee? Your take is a little bizarre. Are you suggesting he should’ve gone to Real Madrid etc? They obviously weren’t interested. 

I reckon they will sell before the end of the window. Doesn’t serve to have a player who’s desperate to get out when you’re trying to get promoted. They need to line someone up though and won’t get anyone near his quality with the money they have to spend because of being in the championship 

16 minutes ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

I know how release clauses work.

If there was actually a 45M release clause - there would be Hounds at the gate for his signature. 

Not sure what point you’re trying to make my man. As much as I hate them, Liverpool are a massive massive club that any player would be lucky to play for. They hit his release clause, put triple his wages on the table, he signed. It’s incredibly straight forward.