Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I like Brennan Johnson but if I was signing anyone from Forrest, it would be Gibbs White. He’s a difference maker, a spark and can play about six positions. He’ll be in a big team’s set up in a few years. Think fit in well at Liverpool tbh. 

3 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Great signing, I wouldn't have minded us signing him before we got Tonali. We were linked last summer, think he's very good indeed. 

Annoyingly good signing, that.

Can't stand those wankers

Edited by toon25

35 minutes ago, gbandit said:

They’re absolutely going to sell him, but for £200m. The whole thing is absurd

If this happens it means that Salah is worth two thirds of what Newcastle was 18 months ago. 

Fucking mental! 

17 minutes ago, toon25 said:

More by throwing as much shit at the fan and hoping it'll stick as opposed to a coordinated growth plan

Was watching an Under the Cosh with I think Martin Allen who was managing Leicester a couple years before they came back to the Prem and he was thrown about 40 players, too. Said it’s utter chaos. How Cooper is still in a job and has Forrest in a fairly comfortable position bewilders me. It’s probably Awonyiwi’s goals keeping them up but every time I see a Forrest line up, I don’t see a lot of the players they buy actually playing. Think they’ll be safe this year, too. Somehow. 

Edited by Astroblack

37 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm just excited about the players really, because I rate them.

And so when I say I'm livid about them going elsewhere I'm using the term loosely.

I'm not stewing over the fact we haven't gone for them or anything like that. We're doing our own thing as a team and I like what we're doing too.

You’re not the only one that wished we had been in for Beto, he’ll be one of if not the best lowkey signing this window in the PL imo. If Wilson was a year or two older that deal really would have been perfect for us.

Edited by Nine

7 minutes ago, Nine said:

You’re not the only one that wished we had been in for Beto, he’ll be one of if not the best lowkey signing this window in the PL imo. If Wilson was a year or two older that deal really would have been perfect for us.

Yeah, man. Sometimes I really don't understand how scouting works at these clubs.

Everton paid just £26 million for him. That guy is good enough to have gone to Spurs or West Ham this summer. Would have been a great replacement for Mitrovic at Fulham too.

Everton in their current predicament have done very well to get him.

23 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Chelsea selling Maatsen to Burnley. 

Odd one that, wasn't a lot of the rationalisation on their fan's part for selling Hall that they had him and Potch potentially rated him more. Does that just leave them with Chilwell who's injury prone, and Cucurella who's shite and who they were trying to offload to Man U? ??? 

8 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Odd one that, wasn't a lot of the rationalisation on their fan's part for selling Hall that they had him and Potch potentially rated him more. Does that just leave them with Chilwell who's injury prone, and Cucurella who's shite and who they were trying to offload to Man U? ??? 

Yeah, weird one. Chelsea fans love him.

Looks like he was refusing to sign a new contract and might just have a year left.

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, man. Sometimes I really don't understand how scouting works at these clubs.

Everton paid just £26 million for him. That guy is good enough to have gone to Spurs or West Ham this summer. Would have been a great replacement for Mitrovic at Fulham too.

Everton in their current predicament have done very well to get him.

Ehh maybe, he’s pretty hit or miss in front of goal. 10 goals in serie A, 25, not sure he’s spurs level. He’s decent and a really good signing for the Ev, but yeah not sold on him being at that level 

3 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Yeah it's a bit weird that if we're trying to be number 1 we're giving massive amounts of money to one of our closest rivals for their aging players.

I know they want their league to be the new premier League but from a business plan for us it's not the best way to go about it :lol:

Bankrolled Chelsea and Liverpool. I pray we finish above them again, I don’t want to hear anything about Saudi money. 

2 hours ago, Beth said:

If this Salah transfer goes through that would be the thick end of £200m the dippers will have got from Saudi clubs for three ageing (albeit very good) players. Means they could spend a fortune over the next few seasons without troubling FFP. 

It’s likely to be closer to £225m right?

Thankfully for us… Liverpool’s owners are normal business men interested in making operational profits in the short term as well as profits in the long term. They’ll spend the Saudi money alright but they won’t push the FFP max at all. They’ll spend the £225m maybe even a little less to soften the CL loss. 

It’s only Villa and Chelsea (and us) doing the ‘let’s try and spend everything we can to succeed’ strategy.  

30 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Ehh maybe, he’s pretty hit or miss in front of goal. 10 goals in serie A, 25, not sure he’s spurs level. He’s decent and a really good signing for the Ev, but yeah not sold on him being at that level 

He was injured some of last season. The season before his numbers were better.

Also the Italian league is more defensive and Udinese aren't just okayish as a team.

Anyway, I'm calling it now. In the Prem he is going to show his stuff.

1 hour ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

I guess I'm conflicted.

The price is probably about right for Johnson, but if that's what you're spending to try and replace Kane, it's a bit of a gamble.

It’s not to replace Kane though, beyond that he’s a HG forward. He’s more likely to alternate with Kulu as the right inside-forward/winger, only with significantly more pace.

Can’t see us making a serious bid to replace Kane until next year, and even that depends upon how this year goes. We have a couple of kids coming through now up front and let’s see if Richarlison’s confidence comes back. Key thing for us is bringing young HG guys in so we have more flexibility elsewhere in the squad. 

26 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Bankrolled Chelsea and Liverpool. I pray we finish above them again, I don’t want to hear anything about Saudi money. 

It’s likely to be closer to £225m right?

Thankfully for us… Liverpool’s owners are normal business men interested in making operational profits in the short term as well as profits in the long term. They’ll spend the Saudi money alright but they won’t push the FFP max at all. They’ll spend the £225m maybe even a little less to soften the CL loss. 

It’s only Villa and Chelsea (and us) doing the ‘let’s try and spend everything we can to succeed’ strategy.  

Can we challenge,  their challenge about maxi's fee being inflated... I mean he is a different level but not 200 million better ?

4 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Can we challenge,  their challenge about maxi's fee being inflated... I mean he is a different level but not 200 million better ?

Nothing to challenge, they’re not the linked like we were