Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

My hunch is that it's because he's not actually very good 

A vagina with legs, basically.

Also, a heart the size of a pea.

What an absolute wanker of a footballer he has shown himself to be.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

They wanted another creative player. Failed with Kudus.  Got someone else on loan. 

We don’t seem to want to plug gaps in the squad with loans. 

Eddie doesn't like taking players on loan. He says he doesn't get their souls. (that very word)

Hall was a permanent signing with the payment deferred. Targett was brought in during a crisis.

I think he’s a fantastic player personally but I think he’s someone who likely struggles to be play to a manager’s instructions and that’s why Simeone can’t have him in the team. Last season at Chelsea he messed up a lot of chances but he played a very free role and looked like their most creative player by a distance, a selfish player though 

40 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Sometimes you need to pad out the squad. Like how Villa have signed Lenglet or Zaniolo(sp?) or Brighton with Fati. Or Man U and their left back. But we seem happy to go with Murphy and Lascelles and co. so let’s go. 

Villa have an option to buy Zaniolo outright. This is the only type of deal we would have looked at if it was possible for a player we wanted.

Lenglet was deemed really poor at Spurs and Villa have only signed him as an emergency cover for Mings.

Reguillon is a a Spurs reject that is again emergency cover because Man Utd have no fit left backs.

Fati is a nice pick up for Brighton but they will not be able to keep him because Barcelona only wanted a loan for a year.

So unless we are looking for emergency cover with players that aren't very good, or are happy to loan players to improve for other clubs, none of those deals are particularly enticing.

A loan backup for right centreback is an emergency if you ask me. Schar was meant to be struggling with fitness of late now botman is out burn can do a job for a week or two but him and lascelles as first choice for good amount of games will be bad. I would of tried for Eric bailly at man utd on loan

12 minutes ago, andycap said:

A loan backup for right centreback is an emergency if you ask me. Schar was meant to be struggling with fitness of late now botman is out burn can do a job for a week or two but him and lascelles as first choice for good amount of games will be bad. I would of tried for Eric bailly at man utd on loan

And that’s why you’ll remain on that side of the decision fence. 

43 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

My hunch is that it's because he's not actually very good 

Barca seem to continually find ways to fuck themselves over financially.

Why on earth anyone would pay that sort of coin for Felix is beyond me