Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Brighton have activated a $10m (£7.9m) release clause for Boca Juniors and Argentina Under-20 defender Valentin Barco, 19, who has also been linked with Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid.

These are the kind of signings I thought we would be making

Do we think we have seen his influence yet? I know his role expands further than the 1st team so imo it's hard to really judge.

Bergwijn possibly joining West Ham

Not sure how good he is these days but could have been a good option for us to bring more quality to our attack and can play anywhere across the front line

One thing he did have was good movement and pace something we don't have up top. Plus when was the last time we had a German on the books? 

Edited by andycap

13 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Ben Brereton Diaz gone to Sheff United on loan 

we may regret that one, certainly one we should have considered

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

Werner to Spurs seems like an obviously good transfer to me. I also think he would have suited Howe‘s style of play. 

Is that not similar to Havertz to Arsenal?  Jury is out for me - he just didn't seem like he could adjust to the pace of the game.

The issue is he’s not a striker and he was played as one for ages in this league. He can be one in the Bundesliga but he’s not one in the PL. He’s a left winger / wide left forward. He’s best at running with the ball 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Werner is a very astute signing for Spurs. Can play in a few positions and suits their style. Also at a good price.

Yeah I think he’s pretty low risk too. Not sure what the loan fee is though?

Just now, duo said:

Isn't the limit 5 years now for a contract?  Me smell :gm's patter:

No, that’s the limit you can spread transfer fees over. You can offer them as long as you want.

10 hours ago, duo said:

These are the kind of signings I thought we would be making

Pretty clear at this point Ashworth wasn’t solely responsible for their transfer approach and agree I thought we’d be making more signings like this.

In our defence Brighton probably have quite a bit FFP wriggle room with the sales they’ve made to take chances on players like this.

I think our approach looks very rigid at the moment though and we seem very risk averse. I think Howe has strict criteria for signings and coupled with FFP that’s why where not seeing deals like this.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

No, that’s the limit you can spread transfer fees over. You can offer them as long as you want.

From an FFP perspective it is the length of the contract which dictates how much ££ is included in each year.  Hence why Chelsea were given out 8 year contracts