Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s a very astute signing, going into a CL campaign. It makes a lot less sense for us with our best outcome being Europa Conference 

People aren't watching any of these players man. Just going off of previous reputations.

Just now, Jack27 said:

They are exceptional. One day lads

Easy money for them. Dont have to lift a finger it seems. I know they are the best in the world at this but still..

32 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Good signing that.

Didn’t really understand why Burnley didn’t buy him last summer.

On 21/05/2024 at 05:59, Optimistic Nut said:

He doesn't strengthen Villa's first team so  can't be a bad thing. Aye, he pads them out a bit but I'd still take our midfield 6/7 over theirs at the moment. 

It's much better than looking at the bench and seeing Calum Chambers or Dendoncker.

We need to improve our strength in depth. At the end of the season, we were utterly fucked by injuries and the impact of a long season.

Given we're working within the constraints of PSR, it's a very intelligent signing.

We are playing at least 8 Champions League games next season, I'd argue that improving the supporting cast is every bit as important as the natural starters.

In fact, I think we need to get away from the concept of 'first XI' and think in terms of the entire cast, as they'll all play their role.

Edited by brummie

It shouldn't take Newcastle fans too much to agree with you there. You only need to look at us this( or do we call it last now) season to see how quickly injuries/fatigue from those extra games can mount up and  leave a week back up exposed. At least you have a historically better academy, so much more chance of you throwing a few kids in the mix should the worst happen. 

1 hour ago, brummie said:

It's much better than looking at the bench and seeing Calum Chambers or Dendoncker.

We need to improve our strength in depth. At the end of the season, we were utterly fucked by injuries and the impact of a long season.

Given we're working within the constraints of PSR, it's a very intelligent signing.

We are playing at least 8 Champions League games next season, I'd argue that improving the supporting cast is every bit as important as the natural starters.

In fact, I think we need to get away from the concept of 'first XI' and think in terms of the entire cast, as they'll all play their role.

On 29/07/2021 at 00:44, brummie said:

Barkley is infuriating.

There were performances like Arsenal away where him and Grealish basically just took them to pieces, they were both brilliant. But for every performance like that, there were 9 unarsed, petulant, nothing performances.

It's a shame, he looked like an inspired signing for a short period of time, but you'd genuinely struggle to find a single Villa fan who would suggest we should have kept hold of him after last season.

:whistle: