Other clubs' transfers

Greg

53 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

That's a big Maatsen fee. Is he good?

Yes. Attacking wise very, defensive not so much but I'm sure Emery will sort that out. Decent money considering age + CL pedigree.

1 hour ago, BoSelecta said:

All of your sale goes into this year’s accounts and your purchase is split over the length of the contract. It absolutely would work as fiddle.

how does that differ from selling a player to someone else?

Thats the case whoever we sell Duran to. 

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

how does that differ from selling a player to someone else?

Thats the case whoever we sell Duran to. 

If both teams need a bit extra to pass this year’s ffp they can bump the price on both sides. Not saying it is happening but it’s completely feasible. 

Just now, Theregulars said:

Is he any better than Moreno or Digne?

Not enough to make a noticeable improvement, I would say. I don't think he's better than Hall. 

Although Digne can be a bit inconsistent and Moreno has had injuries, so it's still probably a sensible buy. 

36 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not enough to make a noticeable improvement, I would say. I don't think he's better than Hall

Although Digne can be a bit inconsistent and Moreno has had injuries, so it's still probably a sensible buy. 

Wow I rate Lewis but let’s not get carried away. One had a few good run of games at the of the season, the other was a regular starter for a CL final side. Maatsen will be a very good signing for Villa and is really young so lots of room for improvement.

1 hour ago, BoSelecta said:

If both teams need a bit extra to pass this year’s ffp they can bump the price on both sides. Not saying it is happening but it’s completely feasible. 

Its what Barcelona & Juventus did with Arthur & Pjanic but in that instance they heavily inflated the fees involved, clever accounting but also stinks!

10 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Does Todd think it’s a real life sticker album?

I dunno, but I love his vision. Big fan of what he's building.

Called this weeks ago. Dodgy swap deals a way to get around PSR. 

villa also sold Cameron Archer to Sheff U for 18m with an automatic 14m buy back a year later. Effectively a 4m loan but villa bank 18m as sale and then spread 14m over 5 years when they buy back. 

Meanwhile we twiddle our thumbs and don’t do anything to work around these stupid rules. 

5 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

villa also sold Cameron Archer to Sheff U for 18m with an automatic 14m buy back a year later. Effectively a 4m loan but villa bank 18m as sale and then spread 14m over 5 years when they buy back. 

Meanwhile we twiddle our thumbs and don’t do anything to work around these stupid rules. 

I'm 100% convinced this seasons transfer business will be something we'll all be happy about

52 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

Serie A has been doing similar for ages.

1 hour ago, captainhaircut said:

Do we have anyone worth selling in our academy ?

Is Lewis Dobbin worth buying? 

let’s just find a club (let’s call them Man City) who similarly want to get round the system and sell them average youth players in exchange for their average youth players. None of them ever have to play a game, we can farm them out on loan and then sell them. 

Could we not have a mutually beneficial deal by selling Minteh to a team? 30m sale, 30m player in?

I'm thinking Jacob Ramsey, Gibbs White?

10 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Chelsea continuing to Chelsea. Unless there is some FFP fuckery going on, like potentially with the Everton/Villa links in the last couple of days

Definitely deals to sort each other out with PSR. The whole thing is becoming more of a joke and to the detriment of young players who are joining teams they have no chance of playing for.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Seems everyone is coming to Villas rescue, have they been helpful to others in the past.

They have just helped Everton by buying Dobbin. Wouldn’t be surprised if they overpay on Maatsen as a result to help Chelsea out