Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Trophies make the world go around Kaka. You wouldn't be saying this if Casemiro was Nigerian. TCD has your number.

Casemiro might as well be Nigerian with the state of our current midfielders, he'd actually fit right in! Complete dead weight.

Here's to another Southgate cup run as you keep heading in the wrong direction in the table. All fur coat and no knickers.

10 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Half the fucking threads on the football forum have been ruined by this Man Utd shite, it’s unbearable. 

There is around 13,530 threads in the football forum. How many you guess have in-depth discussion about Manchester United? :lol:

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

There is around 13,530 threads in the football forum. How many you guess have in-depth discussion about Manchester United? :lol:

This is a thread about other clubs' transfers so it doesn't seem totally out of place for people to discuss Man U transfers in it, given they are another club and they have made some transfers at times.

5 minutes ago, Checko said:

This is a thread about other clubs' transfers so it doesn't seem totally out of place for people to discuss Man U transfers in it, given they are another club and they have made some transfers at times.

Was gonna say :lol:.

1 hour ago, Chapo said:

Half the fucking threads on the football forum have been ruined by this Man Utd shite, it’s unbearable. 

Just don't click on "Other clubs' transfers", "Manchester United" and future match threads when we play Man Utd and you should be sorted :thup:

1 hour ago, Chapo said:

It's always been like this. :lol:

Granted the Man United talk has increased since you became somewhat competitive and won the 'We finished above Man United on goal difference while they won the FA Cup and knocked us out of Europe' trophy. 

Edited by Froggy

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Just don't click on "Other clubs' transfers", "Manchester United" and future match threads when we play Man Utd and you should be sorted :thup:

Think a lot of Man United talk has a leaked into other threads all joking aside. :lol: especially with the Ashworth situation as well.

It'll die down a bit.

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I mean all football discourse nation wide is ruined by man u talk leaking, amount of time they're talked about compared to every other club

Nothing against Froggy personally.... but I would ban him from NO football forums for that reason alone.

Get that Man Utd shit out of here.

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nothing against Froggy personally.... but I would ban him from NO football forums for that reason alone.

Get that Man Utd shit out of here.

Ban me if you like, I don't need this place. My life is extremely enjoyable and fulfilling. 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Ban me if you like, I don't need this place. My life is extremely enjoyable and fulfilling. 

Just the casual 6.5 posts a day. 

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Also worth noting that we were talking about Ed Woodward and his transfer policy, and K.I. has taken it upon himself to use Casemiro as an example of me allegedly defending Woodward, who left the club 6 months before Casemiro was signed. 

Don't forget that narrative though. :lol:

Overpaying and poor transfers being under Woodward or not are by-the-by imo, but if only the Woodward signings count then I didn't notice any difference in the club's approach to overspending on transfers (until Radcliffe came in) and your perception of it. Like I said, Casemiro was just the easiest, most recent example to remember, but with a bit more effort I could have found similar posts excusing the outlay for Pogba, Lukaku, Fred, Maguire, Sancho and others for any number of reasons. And you could say 'well it's all easy to say with hindsight' which is right, but the criticism and piss-taking on here was literally with foresight, not just hindsight. The transfers were criticised for one reason or another at the time they happened. IIRC you've used hindsight to excuse overspending as well - that the money you in the end managed to get back on players you overspent on made the original spend more justifiable.

Only if you don't look at the dates of the posts. :lol: 

Literally two years apart ffs. That's embarassing.

One of them is you defending the transfer just over 2 months ago.

You'll see me criticise the club plenty.

You do, that's why it's so jarring when you reflexively defend the club when we criticise it, often with exactly the same criticisms you have. :lol: It's not meant to be a character assassination or anything, cba with any of that, it's just something that sticks out like a sore thumb, to me at least, because on the one hand you've defended the club's overspending if we 've taken the piss, but then on the other hand you'll criticise that same overspending yourself and play the 'fans of a club owned by Mike Ashley should know better' card when, while you're lamenting it, we still think it's really funny. 

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Overpaying and poor transfers being under Woodward or not are by-the-by imo, but if only the Woodward signings count then I didn't notice any difference in the club's approach to overspending on transfers (until Radcliffe came in) and your perception of it. Like I said, Casemiro was just the easiest, most recent example to remember, but with a bit more effort I could have found similar posts excusing the outlay for Pogba, Lukaku, Fred, Maguire, Sancho and others for any number of reasons. And you could say 'well it's all easy to say with hindsight' which is right, but the criticism and piss-taking on here was literally with foresight, not just hindsight. The transfers were criticised for one reason or another at the time they happened. IIRC you've used hindsight to excuse overspending as well - that the money you in the end managed to get back on players you overspent on made the original spend more justifiable.

One of them is you defending the transfer just over 2 months ago.

You do, that's why it's so jarring when you reflexively defend the club when we criticise it, often with exactly the same criticisms you have. :lol: It's not meant to be a character assassination or anything, cba with any of that, it's just something that sticks out like a sore thumb, to me at least, because on the one hand you've defended the club's overspending if we 've taken the piss, but then on the other hand you'll criticise that same overspending yourself and play the 'fans of a club owned by Mike Ashley should know better' card when, while you're lamenting it, we still think it's really funny. 

This is a good post. :lol:

I've said it before though, I'll blindly defend anything based on how the criticism comes across. 

I would defend a lot of those signings even now as most of them were in great form at the time and played in positions where we were very short in quality. 

Looks like we are buying Philogene back from Hull. Interestingly with a reduced price to reflect the sell on clause we’d get if they sold him to anyone else. 

Was really surprised when we sold him so cheaply in the first place.