Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I have an inkling ten Hag might be looking to change the formation maybe?

I'm not convinced, but we'll see I guess.

Potentially yes. Technically speaking, we outclassed the best team in the world in our last game, so we're currently the best team in the world. He might want to keep that momentum going 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Potentially yes. Technically speaking, we outclassed the best team in the world in our last game, so we're currently the best team in the world. He might want to keep that momentum going 

806d47011f7e860aa0f685b17af667d1.gif

Considering he's in the last year of his contract, the money ManU spent on him is a lot. But if he turns out to be good, it'll be worth it. But if he can't adjust to the Premier League, everyone will say ManU got ripped off. Over 60 million euros for an 18-year-old in the French league in the last year of his contract sounds crazy. Even Varane and Saliba took time to settle, and they didn't cost that much. I feel Braithwaite would have been a safe bet in my opinion, slightly more expensive but a safe bet. We'll see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

So does that now mean Rosenberg are now world champions after beating you 1.0 last week? 

46 minutes ago, gdm said:

Means fuck all though, doesn't it? At Yoro's age, Branthwaite had just finished his first season in league 2 for fucking Carlisle, featuring in a grand total of 9 games :lol: 

Yoro on the other hand has just played a full season in Ligue 1, helping Lille to CL qualification.

10 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Frogbert

"400k is good, he only had 1 year left on his contract"

Also Frogbert

"70m is good even though he had 1 year left on his contract"

Also Frogbert

"i eat concrete"

Are we comparing a 27 year old flop who has barely kicked a ball in 3 years to an 18 year old generational talent? :lol:

You want some of this concrete TJ? 

44 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Are we comparing a 27 year old flop who has barely kicked a ball in 3 years to an 18 year old generational talent? :lol:

Generational talent is a term that gets thrown around way too much. I remember when Dayot Upamecano and Matthijs de Ligt were both 20 years old and being called generational talents. Even Martin Odegaard was supposed to be the next Pele. I bet Froggy will be back here after January telling us that this new generational talent of theirs needs time and that we're being too critical of him in hindsight.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

'Generational talent' is my new most hated football term. It seems any young player who looks decent is a 'generational talent'. It's so overused it's meaningless.

End of rant.

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

Even if that is true.

Considering your winger situation and lack of experience up top, I'm surprised that much has been spent on at best the 3rd choice entre back.

Also, not sure I would want Maguire around and stewing because he's 4th choice, while trying to integrate the 18 year old kid that has taken his place, and who will be trying to settle into a new league and country.

All seems a bit mad.

We did pretty much the same thing spending big on two back up full backs when we were crying out for a new right winger.  Sometimes an opportunity to sign a player has to be taken, even if the timing isn't quite right