Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 hours ago, Ben said:

If Villa sign Felix, is that to many new players ? 9 seems a lot to bed into a squad 

3 of the players have already played for Villa so assume they wouldn't require much bedding in. Think they are doing smart deals to bulk the squad ahead of a busy season. Probably looked at us last season and identified beefing up the squad rather than just focusing on improving the starting 11 as a key factor in being able to be competitive in all competitions.

3 hours ago, RS said:

Villa really pushing on. 7th for us again

They’re good signings for depth and to cope with CL and PL at the same time but I don’t think they’re any stronger in terms of their first eleven. 

Douglas Luiz is better than Onana (in my opinion). 

Maatsen is probably an upgrade at left back but if they can keep him fit, Alex Moreno is a great left back anyway. 

We had horrendous injuries last season and finished just 8 points from them. Just having Pope all season could well have given us an extra 8 points to finish above them so with no Europe, hopefully a smaller injury list and with a couple of quality signings (hopefully), I see no reason why we shouldn’t finish above them this season. 

Agents can be absolute parasites but I always think it's funny how they're singled out when clubs are often really no better. Recently how often have we heard of players being told that if they run down their contract or don't leave for another club they won't be played or loaned out? And that's just one example 

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Agents can be absolute parasites but I always think it's funny how they're singled out when clubs are often really no better. Recently how often have we heard of players being told that if they run down their contract or don't leave for another club they won't be played or loaned out? And that's just one example 

Aye true.