Other clubs' transfers

Greg

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Be great if Solanke is a dud at Spurs and this lads banging them in, except his home debut of course.

Could see it happening. Although I do think Solanke will do okay for them.

In their striker pursuits, I was quite surprised neither Chelsea or Spurs looked at Evanilson to be honest.

If we had lost Isak somehow, he'd have been one I'd have liked us to look at.

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Another one that makes sense for all parties. Can’t imagine Ipswich are in a position to cough up what Chelsea would want though so Chelsea will have to sell lower than they’d wish

Will probably be a loan move with an option.

1 hour ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Bournemouth have just signed a Brazilian forward for over £40 million. Bournemouth. Just let that sink in for a bit.  There is insane money in the Premier League.

I mean yeah, that’s been the case for a while now, but they did just sell someone for £65M or so.

Edited by leffe186

1 hour ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Bournemouth have just signed a Brazilian forward for over £40 million. Bournemouth. Just let that sink in for a bit.  There is insane money in the Premier League.

(Sold Solanke)

21 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I mean yeah, that’s been the case for a while now, but they did just sell someone for £65M or so.

I know that it's just that if you had told me Bournemouth would do this even 5 years ago I would have found it hard to believe. That Bournemouth had a player deemed worth £65 million is equally mental.

Edited by Geordie_once_removed

15 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I know that it's just that if you had told me Bournemouth would do this even 5 years ago I would have found it hard to believe. That Bournemouth had a player deemed worth £65 million is equally mental.

Maybe but it’s no longer five years ago :lol:. It’s been sinking in for a while.

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Apart from half a season at Southampton years ago, I've never thought Broja is any good. 

Don't think he's got any outstanding attributes

Loved watching him during that purple patch, he was really good and probably should have agitated for a transfer to Southampton at the time.

26 minutes ago, enthusiast said:

in my mind the spiralling upward of transfer fees kicked off with a huge lurch in 2015 - i always associate it with being surprised at how much man utd paid for antony martial, a transfer fee that seemed completely mundane within about 18 months

Has to be Roman coming in a throwing stupid amounts of money around with Chelsea. Everyone else decided to follow along. 

27 minutes ago, enthusiast said:

in my mind the spiralling upward of transfer fees kicked off with a huge lurch in 2015 - i always associate it with being surprised at how much man utd paid for antony martial, a transfer fee that seemed completely mundane within about 18 months

Was Pepe for Arsenal about the same time ?

5 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Has to be Roman coming in a throwing stupid amounts of money around with Chelsea. Everyone else decided to follow along. 

seperate and earlier shifting of gear, to me - i remember how grotesque it was at the time, but looking back it just looks quaint [emoji38] 16m for makélélé? 17m for crespo? 15m for veron? eeeeh! game's gone..

1 hour ago, The Bonk said:

Wasn’t everyone else, just the cartel four. Geordie_once_removed was referencing “lower” clubs getting involved in mega transfers which only really kicked in with the recent Prem TV deals. That coupled with more variation in clubs getting the CL money.