Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Actually I've just seen that Olympiacos has a 18million euros option to buy him last season when he was on loan there.

So it looks like they've circumnavigated that and going to end up with him anyway

Sat and watched the Gary Neville Podcast on Sky Sports YouTube this morning and he was asked who had a good/bad transfer window so far and he couldn’t answer beyond the Cartel 6. Really shows what the Other 14 are up against, this ingrained focus and attention span on six clubs only. Defaults to Chelsea and Man Utd inevitably.

Think it starts about 25 minutes in:

Needs to be withdrawn from punditry, he has very little interest in following the game outside the top three-four clubs. His takes are awful now on so many subjects because he’s arrogant but lacks the knowledge to back it up 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Needs to be withdrawn from punditry, he has very little interest in following the game outside the top three-four clubs. His takes are awful now on so many subjects because he’s arrogant but lacks the knowledge to back it up 

I mean even a throwaway comment about a West Ham or Brighton, or NUFC, would have given the piece a bit more credibility. Carragher is ahead on his awareness. 

I do sort of agree. But pundits and the media choosing to spend more time talking about the so called ‘big’ clubs is nothing new. 

The mainstream football shows on TV almost always have ex-pros on who only know about the Prem and the clubs at the top of the table. The whole football media vehicle is built around that. 

So whilst I don’t particularly like negative Neville. It seems odd to single him out in particular. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I do sort of agree. But pundits and the media choosing to spend more time talking about the so called ‘big’ clubs is nothing new. 

The mainstream football shows on TV almost always have ex-pros on who only know about the Prem and the clubs at the top of the table. The whole football media vehicle is built around that. 

So whilst I don’t particularly like negative Neville. It seems odd to single him out in particular. 

Had it been someone else I’d have dug them out too but he’s arguably the most high profile face and view on the UK’s premier platform. Hardly a glowing endorsement when you’ve got him and thick as mince Jamie Redknapp carrying the torch.

55 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I'd go even a bit further.

Even the football fans themselves are this way too. Outside of their teams, they only watch the clubs at the top.

They complain players at other clubs are shit when they are linked with them and disparage any other club they think theirs is even slightly ahead of.

I find it all very annoying. All the 'We're a big club, you're a small club' talk by all fans just feeds into this nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Paully said:

“Chelsea owe Sterling £70m comprising wages and loyalty bonuses under his contract which doesn’t expire until 2027”

[emoji38]

PSR is great 

9 minutes ago, Paully said:

“Chelsea owe Sterling £70m comprising wages and loyalty bonuses under his contract which doesn’t expire until 2027”

[emoji38]

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

3 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Sat and watched the Gary Neville Podcast on Sky Sports YouTube this morning and he was asked who had a good/bad transfer window so far and he couldn’t answer beyond the Cartel 6. Really shows what the Other 14 are up against, this ingrained focus and attention span on six clubs only. Defaults to Chelsea and Man Utd inevitably.

Think it starts about 25 minutes in:

I’ve never understood what makes this a podcast. It’s just Neville doing a short interview for sky, usually about the latest Man U game. Unless podcast just means anything you can put on the internet.

Sick of the sight of Neville like. You can't fucking escape him.

Whatever football you're watching, he'll be there. He's all over social media. Has about 3 or 4 shows from which clips are always been shared. I went to Kendal Calling the other week and for some reason he was doing a fucking DJ set in one of the tents.

Have a day off man Gary.

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Sick of the sight of Neville like. You can't fucking escape him.

Whatever football you're watching, he'll be there. He's all over social media. Has about 3 or 4 shows from which clips are always been shared. I went to Kendal Calling the other week and for some reason he was doing a fucking DJ set in one of the tents.

Have a day off man Gary.

Same with Richards

1 hour ago, gdm said:

Absolutely crazy money imo. He's 25 and has 44 career goals to his name (plus a good record at England youth levels tbf to him). Legit thought he was 20/21 - he's not got that much development left

45 minutes ago, Menace said:

Just DCL left to go and the endless links to McTominay, DCL, Solanke will finally have finished :fwap:

Don’t put it past Waugh to continue to mention them.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, it’s throwing money into the fire, he will score goals but so irregularly that it’ll be a chain around their neck 

100%