Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, Collage said:

First time the Saudi league lands an absolutely top tier player at his peak? A shift?

I don’t think so no, they get to live in a bubble like China before them until they realise they are literally pissing into the wind. The league is totally irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, Collage said:

First time the Saudi league lands an absolutely top tier player at his peak? A shift?

22/23 Season was his peak no? He was pretty disappointing last season but that could have more to do with how bad Napoli were in general and he had some injury trouble.

1 minute ago, KDT said:

22/23 Season was his peak no? He was pretty disappointing last season but that could have more to do with how bad Napoli were in general and he had some injury trouble.

He's 25 years old and should have his best years just ahead of him

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Grim 

Probably good for us in the long term.

The Premier League is no longer the go to League. Even Chelsea, the guys who got the ball rolling this side of 2000 of throwing money at it can’t afford him, and he’s not going to Real Madrid or Barca which is an excuse.

The Premier League, and later to a lesser extent UEFA will be forced to allow clubs who have money to spend it.

1 minute ago, Collage said:

And he'll waste four years in it, at the top of his career. Fuck's sake

Getting 30m a year isn’t wasting anything. The money will do more for him than the trinkets and medals ever will if we are being honest. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Getting 30m a year isn’t wasting anything. The money will do more for him than the trinkets and medals ever will if we are being honest. 

Depends on how he wastes that money I suppose? I doubt there's very little difference going from £250k a week to £500k makes in terms of things you can afford, it just gives you more opportunity to spunk the money up the wall. 

Just now, KDT said:

Depends on how he wastes that money I suppose? I doubt there's very little difference going from £250k a week to £500k makes in terms of things you can afford, it just gives you more opportunity to spunk the money up the wall. 

We live in a world where the MO is to make as much money as possible, he’s just doing what’s expected. 

I think because we have the best league in the world we tend to get a bit snobby when we are snubbed but he’s an employee at the end of the day and like most employees they go to the guy who’s giving the most money. 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We live in a world where the MO is to make as much money as possible, he’s just doing what’s expected. 

I think because we have the best league in the world we tend to get a bit snobby when we are snubbed but he’s an employee at the end of the day and like most employees they go to the guy who’s giving the most money. 

I don't think he's doing what's expected, we don't usually see the very best players at their peak leave for Saudi, Neymar being the exception I guess. He could make more money than he could spend in one of the big leagues.