Other clubs' transfers

Greg

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Terrible for the player to be involved in a deal like that. Imagine having a massive financial incentive not to play you. 

I never see the point in a deal like that at all.

I mean if he's good you'd be crackers not to play him, and if his performances mean it does no harm to leave him out you've pretty much wasted your money anyway.

12 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

I never see the point in a deal like that at all.

I mean if he's good you'd be crackers not to play him, and if his performances mean it does no harm to leave him out you've pretty much wasted your money anyway.

It's beneficial to both clubs at the detriment of the player

1 hour ago, 1878 said:

I think they just matched his Spurs wages, so about £100k a week which is still less than the likes of Bernard were on (£120k!) and James (£200k)

Alli has already paid for himself by getting a couple of assists towards the end of the season that kept us up and avoided financial meltdown. Anything else is a bonus. Shame for the player that he has this £30m payment hanging over him though.

2 assists and he's paid for himself? 

2 hours ago, 1878 said:

We've done plenty of bad business in recent years that can be laughed at, without people having to make stuff like this up for likes. 

Richarlison cost us £35m plus £15m in performance based add-ons up to £50m. Safe to say none of the team based ones were hit, since we have been largely rubbish since. The 10% sell on fee is for any profit over £40m.

Spurs have bought him for £55m plus £5m of realistically achievable add-ons by latest reports. 

We have got slightly less than he's worth because our negotiating position was hampered by yesterday's FFP deadline, but it's not the worst deal in the circumstances.  

He will be a big miss for us though. He is weirdly underrated by other teams fans, probably because of bitter gobshites like Jamie Carragher spouting off about him all the time. Suppose I need a new avatar now :lol:

He gets slagged off on here a lot as well, but he's a proven and very effective PL striker. Not that many around.

The deal Everton did for Alli is horrendously bad, especially when you consider the player that is he now. I remember we were being linked and I’m so glad we avoided him.

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

The deal Everton did for Alli is horrendously bad, especially when you consider the player that is he now. I remember we were being linked and I’m so glad we avoided him.

Such a strange career, he went from a really good player to basically past his best at age 24, and there’s no good reason for it.

15 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Such a strange career, he went from a really good player to basically past his best at age 24, and there’s no good reason for it.

I personally think as good as he was for that time his problem was he bought into his own hype to much and ego ended up being his downfall. If you’ve watched that Spurs doc you get glimpses of his issues, a real shame as he looked like he could be genuinely world class at one point.

In fairness to him he was neglected at Spurs by Mourinho after being one of Poch's favourites which started the decline and then got shipped off to the scouse mackems where he has fat frank as his boss. Hardly someone that is going to get the best out a player - I don't think he's a complete right off yet but he's very quickly going the way of Wilshere (who, somehow, is still only 30).

2 minutes ago, tom1988 said:

In fairness to him he was neglected at Spurs by Mourinho after being one of Poch's favourites which started the decline and then got shipped off to the scouse mackems where he has fat frank as his boss. Hardly someone that is going to get the best out a player - I don't think he's a complete right off yet but he's very quickly going the way of Wilshere (who, somehow, is still only 30).

I think Mourinho actually tried to get the best out of him using both carrot and stick, but eventually realised he was a busted flush. Nuno and Conte did the same but the damage is now irreparable. 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Interesting, is he on his way down? Will be interesting to watch him this season 

I'd say he's in his prime. He only tailed off last season because of playing multiple 120 min matches at AFCON and then being hammered when Liverpool were chasing four trophies. 

Will be following him closely, you’re right that he played a lot of games. He’s 30 and by no means is he necessarily going to lose a yard of pace just yet but with Mane gone they’ll be weaker and perhaps not dominate games to quite the extent they have done in recent years. Diaz will be a monster this season though I reckon