Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I know I’ve written many posts about FFP but really it’s hilarious and you have to tip your hat to the sky 6 :lol:

The rules they created under the guise of protecting football clubs really makes it difficult for them to be challenged on a sustained basis. 

7 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Someone needs to be able to explain how Villa have spent so much money and are continuing to put big bids in for players but we’re crippled by ffp. 

If they get Diaby when we’re desperate for a RW 🤦‍♂️

They spent around £204m last year but recouped around £103m, I think. Plus they have a LOT more wriggle room with wages. 

Just now, Geogaddi said:

Emery wouldn’t have gone near Villa unless he was told they had millions to spend , it way always going to happen. Still be very surprised if they finish anywhere near where we did last season.

They have a good squad and a better manager, they will be fighting us this season imo. 

15 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Someone needs to be able to explain how Villa have spent so much money 

Only last season they sold Chukwuemeka, Targett, Ings, Trezeguet, El Ghazi for around 50m. Sold Grealish not that long ago also. When did we sell anyone  north of 20m? Ayoze and Wood? 

Edited by nufc123

Just now, Geogaddi said:

I agree but I would be surprised if they  finished above us next season.

It’ll be close I think. Their form was better than ours after Emery took over, if I recall? If Gerrard had been booted earlier, who knows?

Really wondering how they can be spending so much less than us on wages too given they have Coutinho digne, Kamara tielmans etc 

I guess our bloated squad is really costing us (bloated in terms of the sheer amount of dross we need to get rid of). 

Edited by r0cafella

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

It’ll be close I think. Their form was better than ours after Emery took over, if I recall? If Gerrard had been booted earlier, who knows?

True but it’s not as simple as that, think they had the best form in the league since Emery was appointed at one stage didn’t they , that sort of form isn’t sustainable in the long run as we all know, if it was then they would win the league next season.

Just now, Geogaddi said:

True but it’s not as simple as that, think they had the best form in the league since Emery was appointed at one stage didn’t they , that sort of form isn’t sustainable in the long run as we all know, if it was then they would win the league next season.

Nothings ever simple when it comes to so many variables, but it appears that they’re recruiting well to try and maintain the form they showed previously. They’ll be in the European spots without a doubt, imo. 

Just now, Manxst said:

Nothings ever simple when it comes to so many variables, but it appears that they’re recruiting well to try and maintain the form they showed previously. They’ll be in the European spots without a doubt, imo. 

I agree they will get a European spot, but it will be Europa league or conference league .

£24m for Mitrovic is an insulting offer really. I think he’d want to go, just seems that kind of character, and seeing Milinković-Savić going there, probably seals that decision.

For Fulham, he’s the heart of that team. I wouldn’t sell unless they were offering near £50m for him.

Edited by Toon88

51 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They have a good squad and a better manager, they will be fighting us this season imo. 

Outside of the Hallowed Six, it's us and Villa who will be fighting to break their hold again this season. I do think we'll finish above them, but no guarantees, they have a squad and manager that rivals ours, that much is evident.

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

They spent around £204m last year but recouped around £103m, I think. Plus they have a LOT more wriggle room with wages. 

Our net spend in the last 4 windows up to this one was £40m. 

We have never paid more than 35m (I think) for a player, and we've sold two academy graduates for £120m in the last two years, which has an immense impact on FFP.

Edited by brummie