Other clubs' transfers

Greg

5 minutes ago, duo said:

From an FFP perspective it is the length of the contract which dictates how much ££ is included in each year.  Hence why Chelsea were given out 8 year contracts

Not anymore. Well, 5 years is the maximum. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Not anymore. Well, 5 years is the maximum. 

Which is what I thought - so Brighton can't be offering Valentín Barco a 6 year contact

Just now, duo said:

Which is what I thought - so Brighton can't be offering Valentín Barco a 6 year contact

Alright. Didn’t think you meant it as you quoted Supertoon.  

Just now, duo said:

Is it not the transfer fee can only be spread over 5 years ? You can still offer them a longer deal I think.

2 minutes ago, duo said:

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Yeah that can, but for ffp it’s spread over 5 years.

6 years wages, and transfer cost is 5 years for ffp

Edited by Hudson

The FFP impact of transfers can only be spread over a 5 year max period now, even if the contract is longer. So a 6 year contract will only spread the transfer fee over 5 years for FFP accounting purposes now, but you can still have a longer contract.

Edited by Checko

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

They can :lol: 

Is it just from an FFP it can only be spread over 5 years?  I really don't know the rules anymore ha

Edited by duo

1 minute ago, duo said:

Is it just from an FFP it can only be spread over 5 years?  I really don't know the rules anymore ha

Don't think anyone knows the rules properly apart from very expensive accountants. Hell, they probably don't know all the rules either, but they just know more than the rest of us so we can't call them on it.

10 hours ago, duo said:

These are the kind of signings I thought we would be making

It's not just about the signings, it's their development. They bed them in, coach them, loan them out numerous times if required. They're medium to long term investments.

Whereas we sign say a young left back and folk lose their mind if he's not getting minutes every week, or want them to be recalled from loan duration their first season in a major European league. Fans say they want more Brighton like signings, but clearly don't have the patience for them.

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Yeah I think he’s pretty low risk too. Not sure what the loan fee is though?

Just paying his wages, supposedly. Also have the right to buy him for €15-20M according to Ornstein. They must really want rid. 

Seems like a great deal. Low risk high reward.

Edited by leffe186

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Just paying his wages, supposedly. Also have the right to buy him for €15-20M according to Ornstein. They must really want rid. 

Seems like a great deal. Low risk high reward.

Urgh, I hate this 

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's not just about the signings, it's their development. They bed them in, coach them, loan them out numerous times if required. They're medium to long term investments.

Whereas we sign say a young left back and folk lose their mind if he's not getting minutes every week, or want them to be recalled from loan duration their first season in a major European league. Fans say they want more Brighton like signings, but clearly don't have the patience for them.

You know what, I reckon the difference is, most teams just play Ultimate Team matches on FIFA (or whatever it's called these days), sides like Chelsea and Man City also put in hundreds of hours acquiring and selling players.

We all need to do that.

26 minutes ago, brummie said:

You know what, I reckon the difference is, most teams just play Ultimate Team matches on FIFA (or whatever it's called these days), sides like Chelsea and Man City also put in hundreds of hours acquiring and selling players.

We all need to do that.

Based on recent form, you could probably convince me Chelsea just play Ultimate Team matches in FIFA.

18 hours ago, duo said:

Is that not similar to Havertz to Arsenal?  Jury is out for me - he just didn't seem like he could adjust to the pace of the game.

I still think that will come good in time. 

Didn’t realize this at the time, but apparently Man U were so shit that we got some extra money because Ndombele (Galatasaray) qualified for the Europa League (or whatever it is). So they helped subsidise his wages and failed to get him in.

On 06/01/2024 at 20:47, The Prophet said:

Brighton don’t sign 19 year old £30m left backs and leave them on the bench. 

If they stay at Brighton - they get minutes. If not they are loaned out.