Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I've just assumed Watkins was a lot younger. Crazy that he didn't play in the PL until he was 25 and didn't really have a proper break through season until he was 24. One of the few anomalies in todays football.

Edit: and I hope Villa tells them to fuck off

Edited by Conjo

Won’t pay €80m for Watkins but Arsenal fans think Isak to them is a formality. If he goes he goes to the top of the top for the biggest fee possible, not to some second rate bottlejob bozos.

18 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Won’t pay €80m for Watkins but Arsenal fans think Isak to them is a formality. If he goes he goes to the top of the top for the biggest fee possible, not to some second rate bottlejob bozos.

He’s going absolutely nowhere 

20 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Ornstein reporting in the Athletic today that Liverpool 'fully expect' Salah to stay this summer and are making plans for next year with him in the squad.

Surprised at this tbh...

I'd say they're happy to keep him, but if an offer is on the table like last summer, they'll not hang on to him. He's still class but clearly on the decline now.

I think Salah semi-regularly (not last season) has a slow end to the season. That season Egypt lost AFCON to Senegal on pens I think he came back in Feb and only scored 5/6 league goals for the rest of the season. But when you get to 30-something, any bad form has people saying "he's in decline".

His underlying numbers still look good but his confidence and his finishing has gone to pot. He does look slower on the run mind.

“Expected to be a very modest transfer budget… United would effectively be operating a “sell-to-buy” policy if the club missed out on Europe entirely, so restricted are their finances after a £555 million spend over the previous three summers and the limits imposed by the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules”.

No wonder they are are lowballing the Ashworth fee.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/04/29/manchester-united-prepared-to-sell-most-of-their-squad/

7 hours ago, GeordieT said:

“Expected to be a very modest transfer budget… United would effectively be operating a “sell-to-buy” policy if the club missed out on Europe entirely, so restricted are their finances after a £555 million spend over the previous three summers and the limits imposed by the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules”.

No wonder they are are lowballing the Ashworth fee.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/04/29/manchester-united-prepared-to-sell-most-of-their-squad/

Isn't that stating the obvious? That's like saying we will listen to good offers for anyone? 

Just realised that Lavia has played just 1 game for Chelsea due to the injuries he has had. It's quite incredible how much money they have spent on players who hasn't done anything. If another club failed this hard in the transfer market, they would already be relegated by the PL due to FFP breaches.

Edited by Erikse

21 hours ago, Minhosa said:

The surprise to me was more that they'll lose him on a free the following year.

Is one more year of a slightly declining Salah worth losing the sizable transfer fee for? I'd have thought not.

TBF it could be Salah not wanting to go this year, if he's on a free next summer his signing on fee will be huge, Ben Jacobs also mentioned the new TV starts in 2025 across the whole region so it could be a good selling point having him join next year to promote it.

If I was Liverpool I’d cling on to Salah, with Klopp going it’s a risky moment for them - a bad appointment can really sink a team - helpful to keep senior pros in the dressing room to maintain standards. If Henderson, Klopp and Salah left in the space of 12 months could leave a big hole.

For that reason I hope Salah is in Saudi Arabia by august.

5 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

If I was Liverpool I’d cling on to Salah, with Klopp going it’s a risky moment for them - a bad appointment can really sink a team - helpful to keep senior pros in the dressing room to maintain standards. If Henderson, Klopp and Salah left in the space of 12 months could leave a big hole.

For that reason I hope Salah is in Saudi Arabia by august.

My worry has been Salah going to Saudi for £130m and them whacking that amount down for Isak.