Other clubs' transfers

Greg

This Mbappe deal (if it happens) will be the last straw for UEFA. They will need to do something quickly to stop their precious Champions League assests from leaving.

It's not going to be long now until FFP gets scrapped. Which obviously would be great news for us and 7 other teams in the Prem but not so good for the other 12.

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Anyone else heard they're looking to offer him just a 1 year deal worth 700m Euro's?? Basically willing to pay 1b in total to have Mbappe in the league for a year.

I don't think there is anywhere on earth I wouldn't work for €700 million a year.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

This Mbappe deal (if it happens) will be the last straw for UEFA. They will need to do something quickly to stop their precious Champions League assests from leaving.

It's not going to be long now until FFP gets scrapped. Which obviously would be great news for us and 7 other teams in the Prem but not so good for the other 12.

4d chess from PIF. They force UEFA to scrap FFP, we spend loads and win the lot.

Seriously though, this needs to force UEFA's hand.

27 minutes ago, TBG said:

Similar to inviting Australia to join Eurovision, could Uefa not just add Saudi teams to the Union of European Football Associations Champions League? 

I can see Saudi buying its way into the CL, but I also see the ESL clubs kicking off over it. Perhaps instead the super league will be resurrected but with Saudi financing and Saudi clubs involved.

12 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Not sure if it’s jokes, but it’s becoming increasingly clear that we are no way like a priority for our main owners 

I’m not sure what more they can do for us when rules have been put in place designed to stop us from competing.

Mbappe going to Saudi would fundamentally change football in Europe.

I think international recognition is one thing that holds back SA league. As in, players in that division will be overlooked for their national teams - particularly some of the older players and the players on the cusp. That's a big reason Diaby joined Villa - he'll not play for France while in the SA league.

But Mbappe joining? It changes so much.

As you say, what stops Saudi from creating an international Champions League? 

I don't think it's a net positive for us. We become irrelevant if the SA league becomes relevant.

Football has been fucked for years, it just looks like it's going to get fucked in a way that is less favourable to the established European teams. 

Personally think that Saudi can throw as much money as they like at it, people won't be that interested. The second most famous player in the world went there and as far as I can tell no one gave a fuck about the actual football. 

6 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Come on now, a Saudi Arabian club will never play in any major European competition

They don't need too.

They could create their own international club competition. Invite clubs from all around the world. ESL 12 or whatever from Europe. 4 From SA. 2 From South America. 2 from elsewhere. Whatever. But they can do their own thing like Golf. There's no reason the "UEFA Champions League" has to be the default premier club competition in the world. It's just that Europe has had all the money.