Other clubs' transfers

Greg

55 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Controversial but I think for that price he could add some good quality to us in a position we lack depth. 

He’s exactly the type of signing we shouldn’t make. Old and on big wages and would only be a squad player. Players we buy should be young and/or good enough to push current starters to depth roles.

5 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

That Tyler Adams will hardly play for Chelsea. Wish something could be done about clubs piling up players just to recycle for FPP purposes. Another way it's rigged for the rich clubs to keep getting richer. 

Why not? Decent player and who else do they got apart from Enzo in central midfield that is 100% sure to start?

7 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

That Tyler Adams will hardly play for Chelsea. Wish something could be done about clubs piling up players just to recycle for FPP purposes. Another way it's rigged for the rich clubs to keep getting richer. 

There should be a maximum squad size so a one in one out basis. Also no loans but that’s a different and bigger debate.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

There should be a maximum squad size so a one in one out basis. Also no loans but that’s a different and bigger debate.

Max squad size of say 28 senior players and you can loan as many as you want?

Max of maybe 5 U21 players allowed on loan. 
The buying up of young potential that then get shuttled around by big clubs who’ve no intention of ever actually involving them in their own 1st team is terrible for football. 
Most young  players develop better if they’re actually owned by the team they’re playing for imo.

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Max squad size of say 28 senior players and you can loan as many as you want?

Max of maybe 5 U21 players allowed on loan. 
The buying up of young potential that then get shuttled around by big clubs who’ve no intention of ever actually involving them in their own 1st team is terrible for football. 
Most young  players develop better if they’re actually owned by the team they’re playing for imo.

I’m personally against all loans full stop. Would strengthen the pyramid system is why in short and make the playing field more even. Like I say that’s a bigger debate for another day ?

17 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Despise Chelsea with a passion, have done for many years but just in recent times, even more so. Constantly trying to find loopholes, manipulate the various systems in place, circumvent rules and just generally be arseholes. That they didn't go to the fucking wall after Abramovich made me so sad.

Can't really blame Adams too much. Gets out of a Championship club, moves to a "big" club in London on good wedge, while playing only occasionally and living a very relaxed lifestyle no doubt. Chelsea won't ever mean much to him though, which I think is their biggest long-term issue, players just won't generally give a fuck or play with heart. They're just a soulless pit.

2 minutes ago, vexred said:

West Ham turning down £88 mil for Paqueta is crazy. 

Its a bit like Brighton. They just sold for loads and dont need the money at all. But then you have a problem with an unhappy player etc