Other clubs' transfers

Greg

24 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Brighton always seem to make good choices in selling and buying.  That has me worried about Minteh becoming a big success.

Yeah. Don't know what that has to do with Chiesa going to Roma though ;) 

45 minutes ago, SweMag said:

Who?

Assume sarcasm, as it was Adringa.

Do feel people go over board on Brighton signings, as if every one is an absolute slam dunk. Their style of football helps a lot for some of the attackers, but I'm not sold on vast majority of them making the transition to clubs elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Menace said:

Aye and he's been poor in the 2 loans he's had

Was signed for £3m, played 26 games in the Championship last season. 20 years old. Will go out on loan again this season. Wanted by Blackburn. Can’t see how he’s a failure.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Malick Yalcouyé. He’s been one of the best players in the league this season.

1 hour ago, Sibierski said:

Do feel people go over board on Brighton signings, as if every one is an absolute slam dunk. Their style of football helps a lot for some of the attackers, but I'm not sold on vast majority of them making the transition to clubs elsewhere.

I see what you did there

8 hours ago, Ben said:

West Ham making good signings 

With Moyes out they will be better. In hindgsight I think its good that we missed out on Europe. We badly need CL or EL next season and it will be tight at the top. My bet is that Spurs and Villa will drop. Then with all the mess, we can take Man Utd and Chelsea. So we should be able to get 4-5. To be honest I´m not sure top 6 would be good enought for Howe?

West Ham are going to lose Pacqueta, who’s a big player for them, need a good striker, and probably one serious bid away from losing another talent like Kudus. 

Wouldn’t worry about them, and if we do, it’s because we’ve dropped off.

12 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Still a lot of time for him to come good. I think he's looked promising. And he cost about £8m - his value has at least doubled.

I think he played primarily as a RW though and that's my boy Minteh's position. New manager though new ideas.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Still a lot of time for him to come good. I think he's looked promising. And he cost about £8m - his value has at least doubled.

I think he played primarily as a RW though and that's my boy Minteh's position. New manager though new ideas.

How long you gonna keep this tedious shit going btw?

Just now, Shearergol said:

How long you gonna keep this tedious shit going btw?

All season if he's any good.

What's your problem with me liking certain players?

I said on here - I really liked what I saw and read about Minteh at the end of the season and I wanted the lad to succeed in the game. For me, that's one of the little joys in the game. Seeing a young lad, thinking he might be good and following their careers.

On 04/07/2024 at 17:21, Yorkie said:

Honestly can't believe anyone who's watched a lot of Anderson can see him being worth £35m, and I say that as someone who liked him. He's neat and tidy and can move with the ball but has never looked like setting the world alight, never looks like scoring and is injury prone. The mad goalie coming the other way shows it's clearly an unorthodox deal (if not in the context of this summer).

Aye even if you think Anderson is worth that, surely the other side where we're paying £35m for a 2nd/3rd choice keeper tells you all you need to know :lol:

Edit: Thought initially it was said we were paying £35m for the keeper, is this wrong?

Edited by triggs

35 minutes ago, triggs said:

Aye even if you think Anderson is worth that, surely the other side where we're paying £35m for a 2nd/3rd choice keeper tells you all you need to know :lol:

Edit: Thought initially it was said we were paying £35m for the keeper, is this wrong?

£5-£12m.

For someone behind Sels for Forest. That's an inflated fee and I think we might be back for another player.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

All season if he's any good.

What's your problem with me liking certain players?

I said on here - I really liked what I saw and read about Minteh at the end of the season and I wanted the lad to succeed in the game. For me, that's one of the little joys in the game. Seeing a young lad, thinking he might be good and following their careers.

Another stick to beat Howe/the club with, basically.

I hope he’s shite 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Another stick to beat Howe/the club with, basically.

I hope he’s shite 👍🏻

What stick?

The club and Howe have operated at 8.5 maybe a 9 out of 10 since the takeover IMO as I've said previously. Things have gone very well. But anything short of "things are perfect, everyone is a genius and a mastermind and will never do anything less than perfect" is treated with contempt.

I'll bang this one drum for awhile: when it became apparent that we needed to sell Minteh for PSR reasons - a good number of posters got at me for pointing that out. That came across as negativity to some, "oh the club would never put us in that position" several posters said.

I mean.. you are suggesting I'm being negative for liking a wee lad that was on our books.

Yes there is a risk that we rue selling Minteh because he is a talent. At the same time, we didn't really have a choice but to sell him. There's a separate discussion about whether we should've spent so much last summer, did we spend it wisely considering the demands of the season etc. But Ultimately we were a whisker away from B2B European qualification despite an injury crisis so it was a calculated risk.  All this is worthy of discussion and debate on a Newcastle United forum mate. 

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What stick?

The club and Howe have operated at 8.5 maybe a 9 out of 10 since the takeover IMO as I've said previously. Things have gone very well. But anything short of "things are perfect, everyone is a genius and a mastermind and will never do anything less than perfect" is treated with contempt.

I'll bang this one drum for awhile: when it became apparent that we needed to sell Minteh for PSR reasons - a good number of posters got at me for pointing that out. That came across as negativity to some, "oh the club would never put us in that position" several posters said.

I mean.. you are suggesting I'm being negative for liking a wee lad that was on our books.

Yes there is a risk that we rue selling Minteh because he is a talent. At the same time, we didn't really have a choice but to sell him. There's a separate discussion about whether we should've spent so much last summer, did we spend it wisely considering the demands of the season etc. But Ultimately we were a whisker away from B2B European qualification despite an injury crisis so it was a calculated risk.  All this is worthy of discussion and debate on a Newcastle United forum mate. 

Ahh ok, just to be clear, it was the "my boy" that I found tedious. Not the conversation around him.

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Nice pickup.

Mimicks the Gvardiol signing Man City made last summer.

Sorts out Zinchenko at left back, who has been dodgy defensively.

Arsenal with 4 centre backs at the back now too. 

Wonder where it leaves Timber.