Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Arsenal signings can be ignored until they sort out the same problems that they've allowed to grow and grow over the past 15 years.

His goalscoring record is obscene like. He's spent the whole of this season being a cunt off the pitch and still has 13 in 15 in the league and 4 in 6 in the CL. 31 in 31 starts in the Bundesliga last season, 7 in 8 in the CL. 25 in 28 starts season before that and 8 in 9 in the Europa

So does that mean Lacazette will be dropping out of the team to accommodate him? I can't see how they are able to play in the same 11 in Arsenal's system without playing one out of position.

442 with Ozil and Mkhitaryan floating around the strikers, fuck all width but probably the best bet with those players.

Would need to get better CMs to get the best out of it mind.

So does that mean Lacazette will be dropping out of the team to accommodate him? I can't see how they are able to play in the same 11 in Arsenal's system without playing one out of position.

442 with Ozil and Mkhitaryan floating around the strikers, f*** all width but probably the best bet with those players.

Would need to get better CMs to get the best out of it mind.

Sounds a bit makeshift given the lack of pace from the two creative mids mentioned. All quality players mind so could hurt teams regardless.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye it could actually work because Lacazette and Aubameyang are both very mobile so can occupy wide areas during the build up if necessary.

Just a thought really, I have no clue what Wenger actually has planned.

I'm not sure he does anymore. :lol:

His goalscoring record is obscene like. He's spent the whole of this season being a cunt off the pitch and still has 13 in 15 in the league and 4 in 6 in the CL. 31 in 31 starts in the Bundesliga last season, 7 in 8 in the CL. 25 in 28 starts season before that and 8 in 9 in the Europa

Aye, he's a fantastic player. Bit a weird one for Arsenal though, what with having splashed out on Lacazette in the summer, who is a fairly similar type of player.

Arsenal are making gradual progress in standard of signings imo. People have been saying Arsenal needed a top level keeper, strikers & defenders for years.

They got Cech from Chelsea. In Lacazette & Aubameyang they could pull off the best strikeforce in the league. If either of those two continues form close to previous standard they will have one of the best in the league let alone if both could step it up in the prem.

Lacazette is nothing like Aubameyang.

Lacazette drops off looking to get the ball into feet more often than not and doesn'the look to exploit space in behind like Aubameyang does.

Think it''s a great signing for Arsenal. Having him being supplied by the likes of Ozil and Mkhitaryan will be filthy.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ve been impressed with Lacazette mind, he’s more of an all-rounder than he’s not or you would think of him looking at him and his attributes. Arsenal need a complete overhaul at the back and in midfield mind.

My brother in law supports them and says Giroud should start every game and he would score 30 but arsenal don’t play to his strengths and if they did, they wouldn’t be as easy on the eye, but far more effective. He does concede their team is so unbalanced and full of the same kind of players mind. I don’t know if the Dortmund fella adds to that or not as I’ve not seen much of him.

I think Wenger has just seized on the opportunity to get two outstanding players he has always liked who were in bad situations that has deemed them not as attractive as previously.

Ordinarily Arsenal wouldn't have had a chance to get them as other clubs would have been throwing silly money around to secure them.

Think it's great business. Figure out how it all comes together after.

I’ve been impressed with Lacazette mind, he’s more of an all-rounder than he’s not or you would think of him looking at him and his attributes. Arsenal need a complete overhaul at the back and in midfield mind.

My brother in law supports them and says Giroud should start every game and he would score 30 but arsenal don’t play to his strengths and if they did, they wouldn’t be as easy on the eye, but far more effective. He does concede their team is so unbalanced and full of the same kind of players mind. I don’t know if the Dortmund fella adds to that or not as I’ve not seen much of him.

Giroud used to start every game for them and none of this happened

Guest Howaythetoon

Giroud used to start every game for them and none of this happened

I can only go off what my bro in law says as he goes to almost every game...

Looks like we're getting priced out of our two main targets at the moment - Ryan Sessegnon and Malcom. Says something about football at the moment that we're, what, #11 in the Deloitte league and getting priced out of young, essentially unproved players.

Guest Howaythetoon

Looks like we're getting priced out of our two main targets at the moment - Ryan Sessegnon and Malcom. Says something about football at the moment that we're, what, #11 in the Deloitte league and getting priced out of young, essentially unproved players.

Poor you...

What are the rumours how much you've bid for Sessegnon/how much Fulham want for him?

Guest Howaythetoon

When people criticise Carr, Arsenal have probably got the strikeforce he wanted had it not been for Ashley.

Looking back, I think Carr could have actually been an asset to Rafa given the undoubtedly limited budget he has had.