Swansea City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/09/17 (post-match reaction from p37)

BlueStar

Positives:

Gamez after the first 20 mins or so.

Merino is absolutely class.

Joselu, he'll get goals and his all round game is good.

Lascelles not a foot wrong.

Elliot's kicking much better and some canny stops.

Sanches being shit and Abraham doing nowt bar the 1 chance.

Negatives:

Hayden poor in possesion.

Manquillo backing off too much.

Murphy weak as water and a bit lost apart from tracking back.

Diame being the usual waste of a shirt.

Really good overall away showing though. We definitely edged it and they looked quite ordinary.

A Benitez team is always set up to get this type of away win. We held our shape and our nerve, and it's paid off. The players look so well drilled, its a far-cry from the teams put out by the clowns of recent years gone by.

Lascelles MOTM for two clutch moments. With Merino it feels like we have an extra man in midfield as he does the work of two players. Starting to think he and Shelvey together against the weaker teams just might work.

Hayden got booked early and that just took him out of the game.

Not a red for Ritchie as he didn't catch the opposition player in the f***ing face running full pelt and head-on. Yellow a correct decision. Have to give Jones credit for not letting the blood rush to his head given the furore over yesterday's incident.

Didn't use Yedlin, Lejeune and Shelvey which gives them a chance to be fresh for Stoke.

Renato Messi Ronaldo Suarez is the best player in the world and I'm surprised he could still walk off when subbed considering the massive BSkyB tongue lodged firmly up his arsehole.

Positives:

Gamez after the first 20 mins or so.

Merino is absolutely class.

Joselu, he'll get goals and his all round game is good.

Lascelles not a foot wrong.

Elliot's kicking much better and some canny stops.

Sanches being shit and Abraham doing nowt bar the 1 chance.

Negatives:

Hayden poor in possesion.

Manquillo backing off too much.

Murphy weak as water and a bit lost apart from tracking back.

Diame being the usual waste of a shirt.

Really good overall away showing though. We definitely edged it and they looked quite ordinary.

Diame was fine in the limited time he was on the pitch.

There was absolutely fuck all wrong with Elliot today ffs. :lol:

Don't think that's all that outrageous. He doesn't have any command of his area. It's a worry. In the context of a fantastic result just thought it needed some balance. Maybe shit is too harsh but it's a weak link.

Don't think that's all that outrageous. He doesn't have any command of his area. It's a worry. In the context of a fantastic result just thought it needed some balance. Maybe shit is too harsh but it's a weak link.

Everyone knows he's not good enough, including the manager. I'm going to save the moaning for when he costs us points, it won't be too long.

There was absolutely f*** all wrong with Elliot today ffs. :lol:

Don't think that's all that outrageous. He doesn't have any command of his area. It's a worry. In the context of a fantastic result just thought it needed some balance. Maybe s*** is too harsh but it's a weak link.

He's probably the "best" weak link we've had in recent squads considering we've had to contend with Colback and Dummett for the past few years stinking up the place.

Everyone knows he's not good enough, including the manager. I'm going to save the moaning for when he costs us points, it won't be too long.

Fair enough. I wasn't moaning as such just it worried me most during the game.

There seems to be a lot of confidence in Rafa making a silk purse out of a cows ear, come on, really.

:aww:

Pretty much exactly what he's doing. Jesus Gamez mugging Swansea off today ffs :lol:

I'm happy for other fans to think we have a championship team. West Ham thought the same, Swansea now.

Stoke probably will, apart from a fear of Joselu returning with a goal against them.

Very pleased with the performance, we dug in and got the win. There were plenty of times when the game wasn't going our way, be it decision, ball falling to their players, missed chances, world class save, and their chances. After each scenario our players picked themselves up and went again, something that wouldn't have happened with previous managers (looking right at Pardew here), in fact them having the majority of possession would have been enough for our players to hide away. At the 65th-70th minute mark I said to my friend that we looked tired, yet just after that we picked ourselves up, and created the goal. Even after the goal the attitude the players had showed, Lacelles was telling everyone to keep calm by the time the Sky camera's had cut to him, and after KO everyone of our players wanted the ball where in the past they would have been happy to sit in front of goal and hope the opposition didn't score.

If we can dig in to games like this and keep the positive attitude and concentration then we can have a respectable season.

Good result and performance, we could've actually won by more if we hadn't wasted so many counter attacks.

Elliott - Didn't have too much to do but did it well.

Manquillo - Poor in the 1st half but much better in the 2nd and used the ball well.

Lascelles - Matchwinner!

Clark - Solid

Gamez - Some clever bits of forward play, not too much to do defensively. Pleasantly surprised.

Hayden - Very poor, one of his worst displays for us. I was calling for him to be hooked about 5-10 mins before he was.

Merino - Bossed it.  Shameful dive though!

Murphy - Pretty poor but confident he'll get better.

Ritchie - Class workrate again, had some good moments and got another assist.

Perez - Shite in the 1st half, better in the 2nd, should have scored!

Joselu - Very good hold up play, unlucky not to score and managed to stay involved.  Pissed me off with his weak attempt from the edge of the box though.