Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Honestly at this point I want him to go. Why should someone with his CV put up with this.

This.

I mean clearly I want him to stay, but my respect for him would if anything increase if he just turned tail and walked away, sticking 2 fingers up at this regime in the process.

Some parting jab such as "It has become clear that what I believe this club can be, and what the owner wants it to be, are not aligned" would do nicely.

Ryder is doing a Q&A:

For a start, ask yourself what’s a modest budget? It means not extreme or not excessive and that’s true to form.

I was told Benitez had around £40million to spend before the contract extension talks. Newcastle are believed to have told Rafa he would not get money to spend unless he signed it but he didn’t sign because he didn’t get other assurances.

Since then that budget is believed to have plummeted further. Benitez is still negotiating hard with Charnley and Ashley but they are running out of time.

Newcastle’s board are stubborn and they are prepared to weather storms but if they realise they are going to be in a relegation fight they will put money forward. Sadly the window shuts before a ball is kicked so they are taking a massive gamble.

I remember last season around December hearing some Toon fans singing “Staveley you’re gonna be the one that saves me” to the tune of Wonderwall!

But just like most transfer deals things got messy at United and Ashley appeared to pull the plug on any talks. Staveley is still there but it’s down to the willingness of Ashley to sell for a good price.

Origi is a loan option. He didn’t want to sign for NUFC last season and went to Germany instead. But United will be in with a shout.

Ryder is doing a Q&A:

For a start, ask yourself what’s a modest budget? It means not extreme or not excessive and that’s true to form.

I was told Benitez had around £40million to spend before the contract extension talks. Newcastle are believed to have told Rafa he would not get money to spend unless he signed it but he didn’t sign because he didn’t get other assurances.

Since then that budget is believed to have plummeted further. Benitez is still negotiating hard with Charnley and Ashley but they are running out of time.

Newcastle’s board are stubborn and they are prepared to weather storms but if they realise they are going to be in a relegation fight they will put money forward. Sadly the window shuts before a ball is kicked so they are taking a massive gamble.

I remember last season around December hearing some Toon fans singing “Staveley you’re gonna be the one that saves me” to the tune of Wonderwall!

But just like most transfer deals things got messy at United and Ashley appeared to pull the plug on any talks. Staveley is still there but it’s down to the willingness of Ashley to sell for a good price.

Origi is a loan option. He didn’t want to sign for NUFC last season and went to Germany instead. But United will be in with a shout.

That’s just grim

If we go into the season with what we have we surely have to be one of the favourites to go down. The lack of goals in our team is glaringly obvious. As it stands I'd be amazed if our top scorer gets more than 7

This whole nonsense at this club and the non highlighted inefficiencies by the media is staggering. It's about time this fat Bastard got called out by everyone and sundry at how much of a complete cunt he is. I read an online report that Rafa is frustrated at how Newcastle are being blown out of the water by all of our Premier League rivals, so we can't compete with any teams in this league now? How is this even possible and if we can't just fucking relegate us now as if you cant compete there's no point in trying to compete as sport is all about competing

Favourites to go down is utter nonsense imo. Don't people remember last season at all?

West Ham/Everton & the likes spent a fortune last year iirc, and were no better off through poor management. I can't stand transfer windows, not for our lack of signings, but for the completely unjust and ridiculous pandemonium and pure petulance every time another team makes a signing. Fair enough both Everton & West Ham have upgraded managers since last time, but to claim we'll be one of the favourites to go down with a team consisting of one of the best managers in the league, one of the best captains, a rock solid defensive partnership, a great goalkeeper & brilliant midfield duo is just daft. These are the same people who with the signing of a decent striker would be talking about top fucking 8. Just 0 balance whatsoever.

I know we're all supposed to be being miserable here, but like fuck are we going down unless we lose Rafa, Shelvey & Lascelles in the next few weeks. We have every reason to be frustrated with how our club is ran, but turning that into we're going down is just wallowing in misery imo.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think you've been on here long enough to be whipping out the 'I know we're all supposed to be miserable here' craic like. Ashley's been here for 10 years and this forum's been around since 2004, the misery correlates with his ownership. I wonder why.

Even if you think the starting XI is fine, which is highly debatable, we have zero strength in depth. Maybe favourites for relegation is a stretch, but a couple of injuries would put us in a very very bad spot. We struggled last year until the team was fit, and we've made no effort to strengthen, while the teams around us have actually tried. It's no guarantee of success, but I know which approach I'd prefer.

If nothing else, we're destined for another pointless season of battling in every game, and maybe we'll not finish in the bottom half. Woo.

I'm not confident we'll stay up even with Rafa. Last season was a miracle. I dont think it's fair at all to ask Rafa to do that again with the same type of squad.

An injury or two to key players and we're down. If we're reasonably lucky with injuries we'll still be in that mix.

What does how long I've been here have to do with anything? I've been a Newcastle supporter for 20 years, the comment you have picked up on has no suggestion of being solely aimed or formed just via looking on here either. It's a reflection of the general mood I've picked up on from various places.

You pure love the 'you haven't been on here long enough to say that' line too  :lol: You must have said that to me at least 3 times alone. I'm not really bothered, everyone is equal, it's a neutral platform for everyone to share their thoughts. Why should I refrain just because someone has been here longer? Seems petty.

Guest firetotheworks

Because when your thoughts are specifically about how the forum is when you've been on five minutes and don't know anything about how it was before our current situation, it's naturally the first thing that comes to mind. It has nothing to do with your views on football or being petty or anything else.

I tend to agree with IC with regards to the hysteria. Yes Rafa has had another pop at the owner, yes he is being messed about but this has been the case for 18 months as far as I can see.

5/6 days ago he was talking about being here for 5/10 years. Of course, there was a lot of ifs and buts that went with those comments.

Mike Ashley should be hounded out, but nothing's changed, we knew he was a cunt after the way he screwed over Keegan.

Because when your thoughts are specifically about how the forum is when you've been on five minutes and don't know anything about how it was before our current situation, it's naturally the first thing that comes to mind. It has nothing to do with your views on football or being petty or anything else.

No they're not, you read that/interpreted that yourself.

I used the word 'here' in a way which referenced the current situation of NUFC and the mood that surrounds it - this forum included in that as a microcosm of NUFC fanbase. I didn't once state specifically this forum, or N-O or anything as you have suggested, yes I can see how you coud have interpreted it that way, but you can give up putting words in my mouth because that's not what I said.

Guest firetotheworks

No they're not, you read that/interpreted that yourself.

I used the word 'here' in a way which referenced the current situation of NUFC and the mood that surrounds it - this forum included in that as a microcosm of NUFC fanbase. I didn't once state specifically this forum, or N-O or anything as you have suggested, yes I can see how you coud have interpreted it that way, but you can give up putting words in my mouth because that's not what I said.

:lol:

I'm not putting words in your mouth, you literally said here and I understandably misunderstood because it looked like you were talking about here when you used the word here. Somehow I was wrong. :lol:

If only we could hound the fekin life out of Fat Ash till he left . It would undoubtedly cement our bond with Rafa even further . Imagine forcing that tw&t out and having Rafa commit to another 10 years man through fan power ! Wish we had a more proactive fan base .