Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Every tweet is spot on - absolutely detest that odious fat twat of an owner

:clap: Hopefully the Chronicle go for them again. It took them far too long last time but maybe this time will be different because of Rafa.

Guest reefatoon

They are all shit scared of upsetting Ashley and just sit in silence. Spineless bastards the lot of them.

Guest chopey

I think it's probably time for Rafa to go ...............and return a hero after the takeover when he personally sacks Pardew

really dont get the stand-off between rafa and the fat cunt.

rafa agrees in writing to sign said contract once funds are released. all ashley has to do is agree.

does ashley really think if he releases the funds then rafa is going to refuse to sign a contract.

its clear there is no stand-off at all, and the media need to stop spreading the bullshit that there is.

ashley just doesnt want to spend.

and why the fuck should the chronicle be afraid of ashley - whats the worst he can do to them? a concerted anti-ashley campaign or repeated demands for him to spend will send their circulation soaring.

It's as clear as day that Ashley has no intention of releasing transfer funds.  What he wants is rafa tied to a long term contract with a release clause if another club country comes calling or rafa resigns.  Once that contract is signed he will simply impose a sell before you buy rule but no purchases can exceed our existing transfer record of £17m.  That means if we sell Mitrovic for £20m his replacement will not excede £17m and Ashley gets to trouser a minimum of £3m.

WTF does the mirror article get at saying the club felt it could benefit from him managing Spain at the cup?

Also, if Rafa managed them they'd have won the cup.

The club knew that they could use Rafa's 'distraction' as a convenient excuse at a time that benefitted them.

WTF does the mirror article get at saying the club felt it could benefit from him managing Spain at the cup?

Also, if Rafa managed them they'd have won the cup.

:lol: They probably wanted the experience to turn his head and maybe he'd resign. Then the excuses would just pour in. God they're fucking dicks.

Probably wanted to loan Rafa at a fee and distract him from his summer transfer work. Rafa, knowing he has work at hand especially in a shorter window, likely refused.

Seriously, release the transfer funds and let Rafa actually sign someone he wants and not those 4th or 5th choice. The players will still be assets even if he leaves. We will still benefit from the training ground and academy improvements.

It's just bonkers. He stands to lose far more by not backing Rafa while the flipside he will only gain. Just by losing Rafa the club's value plummets not least with the turmoil and hell the fans will rain down on the club.

Utter piss-take

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/how-rafa-benitez-could-been-12937937

Asked if he has had a holiday during the close-season, Benitez said: “No. I was at home and on the phone.

“For me, the last years have been more or less the same — I have been around and on the phone.

“I had a weekend in Spain. A Saturday and Sunday to see my mother and family.”

He has spoken to virtually every major club in a desperate search for young players and loan deals.

Asked if all the transfer toil had been worth it, he replied. “I have tried to do my best but we will see....”

Says something (if the papertalk is true) that Sports Direct United were open to the idea of loaning/pimping out Rafa out to Spain, for the WC, with a pricey fee attached no doubt.

Let's not have the manager funnel all of his energy within a shortened window (not that it would amounted to anything) into improving the playing list/setting up deals eh.

Pisstake of a club.

Says something (if the papertalk is true) that Sports Direct United were open to the idea of loaning/pimping out Rafa out to Spain, for the WC, with a pricey fee attached no doubt.

Let's not have the manager funnel all of his energy within a shortened window (not that it would amounted to anything) into improving the playing list/setting up deals eh.

Pisstake of a club.

Yeah I thought exactly that! They’d have been pleased as Rafa wouldn’t have been trying to sign players. The press (especially local ones) should be hammering these wankers for how they’re treating him.

Guest chopey

I can't believe Rafa is still here, he is setting himself up for a massive fall, we were in real trouble at one stage last season and I'm not sure his reputation could take another relegation

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-big-interview-meeting-14919822.amp

Well worth a read, even though a lot of it came out yesterday.

We're an absolute shambles.

Fuck... I was hoping reports and comments were over the top somehow, but those quotes are grim reading. Ashley being a full on dick. We will be lucky to sign anyone else this window, let alone sign someone Rafa rates highly.

I’m just going to enjoy the last season with him then walk away. Absolute joke.

Looks like I'll be doing the same.  He'll win us a cup...fuck the league...then walk away.  Hero status confirmed and chaos will be directed at MA. It will be glorious.