Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

They've strung him along for multiple transfer windows and expect him to be daft enough to sign up for another few years of being lied to.  Won't be long until the sneaky PR about Rafa's unreasonable demands and unwillingness to commit to the club etc.

Every other club is trying to be the best club they can be while we are actively treading water, same as it fucking ever was.

They've strung him along for multiple transfer windows and expect him to be daft enough to sign up for another few years of being lied to.  Won't be long until the sneaky PR about Rafa's unreasonable demands and unwillingness to commit to the club etc.

Every other club is trying to be the best club they can be while we are actively treading water, same as it fucking ever was.

Exactly - this will be the 4th window in a row where they've taken the piss out of him and they expect him to sign a new contact?! Arseholes.

Wouldn't be surprised if all the pre-game stuff against Spurs is Ashley led after a generous pregame interview again given it's on Sky and the window will be closed and he'll need to spin his and Keith's side of the story.

Souness and Bellamy to agree in the studio that it's a hard club to manage and English Mike is indeed a hero.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Heard a rumour the support staff bonuses due from last season's tenth place finish are being withheld until Rafa signs a new contract...

Heard a rumour the support staff bonuses due from last season's tenth place finish are being withheld until Rafa signs a new contract...

If that’s the case and I was Rafa I’d tell them to go fuck themsleves and sue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be surprised if all the pre-game stuff against Spurs is Ashley led after a generous pregame interview again given it's on Sky and the window will be closed and he'll need to spin his and Keith's side of the story.

Souness and Bellamy to agree in the studio that it's a hard club to manage and English Mike is indeed a hero.

Didn't realise you worked as a producer for Sky.

Surprisingly specific yet worryingly plausible.

Bishop's working on it as we speak. Spot on.

One thing about Rafa is that if he is pissed and genuinely feels that there is no way to move forward, expect a press conference where he drags Mike Ashley through the mud. The one thing Rafa is not is a coward. Expect a press conference interspersed with metaphors "I was hoping for a sofa, and they bought me a lamp", "Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar", "If Chelsea are naive and pure then I'm Little Red Riding Hood", "Why is your child on the donkey, rather than you?". He had no problems going after Valencia, LFC, and Inter owners. I don't think he will care too much about Ashley.

Bottom line is until that happens, dont worry too much about press briefings.

One thing about Rafa is that if he is pissed and genuinely feels that there is no way to move forward, expect a press conference where he drags Mike Ashley through the mud. The one thing Rafa is not is a coward. Expect a press conference interspersed with metaphors "I was hoping for a sofa, and they bought me a lamp", "Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar", "If Chelsea are naive and pure then I'm Little Red Riding Hood", "Why is your child on the donkey, rather than you?". He had no problems going after Valencia, LFC, and Inter owners. I don't think he will care too much about Ashley.

Bottom line is until that happens, dont worry too much about press briefings.

:thup: