Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest chopey

I think Rafa will be on a well deserved holiday come August the 10th, with Steve Bruce cylinder trollied in.

"Is the current squad good enough for what we need? I don’t think so. It needs additions, that is clear. It is clear what we have to do.

"There could be a new signing in time for Portugal, but then I was expecting things before. As I have said before, if we have new players coming it will be good, it will be better than nothing.

"As a manager, you would have liked to have seen these players one month ago, but if we can do something it will be better than nothing."

When asked whether there was money available following Chancel Mbemba's move to Porto, Rafa replied:

"Ask Lee Charnley".

Nufc.com:

Probably already been posted, but... Wow ?

So he doesnt even know if he's getting the money from player sales now?

Rafa, just walk away pal. Fuck these horrific cunts. I can't explain how angry i am with that fat cockney bastard like.

I’ve no idea why he’s still here like. Only thing I can think is that he’s hoping to outlast Ashley over the next 10 months.

I’ve no idea why he’s still here like. Only thing I can think is that he’s hoping to outlast Ashley over the next 10 months.

Doesn't he have to pay to get out of his contract?

Yeah there is no way he wants to give Ashley a single penny.

I think it's obvious he's had enough of Ashley and his cronies. The problem Rafa has is that he loves the club and the fans and doesn't want to leave.

Guest reefatoon

He's Ashley's public enemy number 1 now. He has all us nasty fans being mean to him again and he will blame it all on Rafa.  I don't expect any money for new players now as the fat stinking cunt will be in a massive childish huff again. He can't wait to see the back of Rafa, so the glorious apathy he loves can return.  I have a feeling it won't be the case this time though, the hatred is going to be glorious.

He's Ashley's public enemy number 1 now. He has all us nasty fans being mean to him again and he will blame it all on Rafa.  I don't expect any money for new players now as the fat stinking cunt will be in a massive childish huff again. He can't wait to see the back of Rafa, so the glorious apathy he loves can return.

Fuck him, it was probably going to happen anyway. It's shit or bust time now!

He won't sack Rafa because he knows we'd be a cert. for relegation so he's going to spend the next 12 months with both a manager and 100,000 Geordies making life very uncomfortable for him. Brilliant!

I think Rafa should wait until the transfer window slams shut and then just walk out - play the fuckers at their own game. The reason Ashley is gambling is because he knows Rafa is good enough to keep us up with a bare bones Championship squad. None of the yes men who'd be prepared to come would stand a fucking chance of saving us from the drop.

I think Rafa should wait until the transfer window slams shut and then just walk out - play the fuckers at their own game. The reason Ashley is gambling is because he knows Rafa is good enough to keep us up with a bare bones Championship squad. None of the yes men who'd be prepared to come would stand a fucking chance of saving us from the drop.

By many accounts it seems he'll need to pay the club if he walks, which (as well as liking it here) is the main reason he's swallowing it for so long.

By many accounts it seems he'll need to pay the club if he walks, which (as well as liking it here) is the main reason he's swallowing it for so long.

Think the transfer window closing is the first date we watch for. If he left now the club will just blame him leaving for the lack of players coming in.

I reckon we will start the season poorly due to the tough start and they will sack him thinking its justified and that the fans will be on there side.

I reckon we will start the season poorly due to the tough start and they will sack him thinking its justified and that the fans will be on there side.

That would be a bit stupid, he's almost guaranteed to keep us up and is leaving at the end of the season anyway. Why would they want to sack him?

Doesn't he have to pay to get out of his contract?

I think he could walk but if he’s employed again before his contract is up he’d have to pay the £6m.

It's only a year left on his contract, he's obsessed about football enough he'll find some way to enjoy the challenges of this season before leaving once his contract has run down. Plus he'll probably enjoy some sarcastic digs at Ashley while he's here which will absolutely infuriate the fat cunt.

Guest chopey

He has already done it in small doses but I would love him to go fully at Ashley with the full support of the fans behind him