Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I don’t think it’ll be a PFM. Someone along the lines of who Southampton have just appointed who’ll be on more than he’s on now, without being on big wages, and will do ok.

I don't think Ashley has the sort of contacts within the game to even be aware who the Southampton manager is. We didn't end up with Pardew, McClaren and Kinnear by chance.

The moronic thing is there was a time when that sort of appointment was exactly what we needed, and where we should have went after Pardew. Someone who wanted to use all the continental players we'd bought. Instead we brought in the wally with the brolly who had no ideas, no people skills and managed to lose the whole dressing room.

I don’t think it’ll be a PFM. Someone along the lines of who Southampton have just appointed who’ll be on more than he’s on now, without being on big wages, and will do ok.

I don't think Ashley has the sort of contacts within the game to even be aware who the Southampton manager is. We didn't end up with Pardew, McClaren and Kinnear by chance.

Exactly. Who at the club is digging-up a Hassenhuttl/Silva/Wagner type? It will absolutely be someone like Bruce or Hughes.

Exactly. Who at the club is digging-up a Hassenhuttl/Silva/Wagner type? It will absolutely be someone like Bruce or Hughes.

tim cunting sherwood was on sky talkbolllocks the other day, sent shivers down my spine :anguish:

in fairness, i'll be done by that point anyways

tim cunting sherwood was on sky talkbolllocks the other day, sent shivers down my spine :anguish:

in fairness, i'll be done by that point anyways

Tim Sherwood....:lol:

Would be just like Ashley to find the only man in the game who could give Pardew a run for his money as the biggest cunt in  football.

Guest covmag

I wonder how Ashley would react if Everton offered a few quid for Rafa ?

Nailed on their next manager for me, stars are aligned

Guest covmag

Aye he won't be short of offers, would be the last place I'd expect to see him.

close to home, bigger club than us, willing to spend?

Aye he won't be short of offers, would be the last place I'd expect to see him.

close to home, bigger club than us, willing to spend?

The big club argument only holds water provided it thinks that way - plenty of ‘smaller’ clubs have ambitions we’re not prepared to aim for or match and the UK isn’t a big place.

Guest chopey

TBH I wouldn’t mind if he called it a day now. Surviving is pointless if Ashley is staying and Rafa’s going. Why drag it out?

100% agree

He'll feel to much responsibility for everyone around him and everyone who cares to leave mid-season, but his most loving gesture at this point would be let the club rot in the hands of Ashley , face relegation and speak out on what is going on for real.

Unfortunately, I don't think that will be enough to save anything of what's left. Tonight felt sort of critical for many reasons. This fixture last season gave everything a lift, there was so much about Rafa's Newcastle that you just felt something would have to give, things could actually change for the better while he was willing to fight for that idea that this club has become to so many. Today it was just resignation, to Ashley, to the current atmosphere of not meaning anything to anyone, just being a bi-product of modern football turning up to get beat, a black hole dressed up like a football club, filled with non-belief and without any chance of ever changing for the better or come to life again. The problem is that even beyond Rafa, anger seems to be fading into nothing, it's evident in the language used by many on here and other platforms. Even the people who used to rage against Ashley at times like this are not bothered anymore, there's nothing to yell about.

I guess it's been going on for too long, and the overriding feeling now is that Ashley has won it, it's over. He's dragged the people who manage to see him, and his complete murder of this football club for what it is, through so many long and tiresome periods of conflict that there isn't any energy left. I count myself to that segment of supporters, I do not even feel any real worry about Rafa leaving. It's infuriating to think what he could have done at NUFC had he been given the freedom to work, but that's more often than not being reduced to something vague in the background, my dominant feeling towards the club now is just apathy. I remember being really sad about finding myself in that state when I thought about NUFC a few years back. Now it just feels like normal.

TBH I wouldn’t mind if he called it a day now. Surviving is pointless if Ashley is staying and Rafa’s going. Why drag it out?

Agree, go down the constructive dismissal route like Keegan, on the back of Ashley's 'every penny' horseshit.

He's a good manager and more importantly a thoroughly decent man, he deserves so much better than this utter shit show.

Agree, go down the constructive dismissal route like Keegan, on the back of Ashley's 'every penny' horseshit.

He's a good manager and more importantly a thoroughly decent man, he deserves so much better than this utter shit show.

Got anymore takeover info Bingo? Genuine question btw, I’m not being a smart arse.

He's a good manager and more importantly a thoroughly decent man, he deserves so much better than this utter s*** show.

Got anymore takeover info Bingo? Genuine question btw, I’m not being a smart arse.

No sadly, I wish I had but my mate has heard nothing more.

Would be surprised if a takeover happens now, with our league position in all honesty.

He's a good manager and more importantly a thoroughly decent man, he deserves so much better than this utter s*** show.

No sadly, I wish I had but my mate has heard nothing more.

Would be surprised if a takeover happens now, with our league position in all honesty.

Gah, this is grim. Thanks though :thup:

Agree Rafa is the only one keeping me interested once he goes i won't care ,I'm going to my first ever game in a few weeks because of Rafa

Guest chopey

Rafa needs to start speaking his mind over the takeover and transfers I can't see the point of this "I don't talk about the transfer window and I do not talk about the takeover. I talk with Lee Charnley almost every day, but I will not talk about that." 25% rise on my season ticket this season and I deserve to know where my money is going.