Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I'd never even considered Rafa leaving until yesterday but, sadly, that's how it's looking. Unbelievable tbh. I'm not sure Ashley has any idea what the consequences of this will be.

I think Rafa will stay without a club, meaning the door is still slightly open. That hope will kill us. Once the takeover is finally complete, there'll be basically no time for any transfers or stability before the season - what a mess.

Guest neesy111

What a shit article. I can hardly believe Rafa wanted a pay rise and the blame is solely at Ashley’s door

It's a disgraceful article.  If he choose another top club in Europe, he'd be handsomely paid more than what he's on now.

This club really is a unique gift that keeps giving. Every year it impresses me more and more even though you think it should be next to impossible to exceed earlier happenings

What a shit article. I can hardly believe Rafa wanted a pay rise and the blame is solely at Ashley’s door

It's a disgraceful article.  If he choose another top club in Europe, he'd be handsomely paid more than what he's on now.

Edwards was on Talksport earlier spouting the same shite too. They introduced his segment by playing that ridiculous Harmison piece from yesterday too where he blamed Rafa for leaving us in the lurch if he went now.

Guest chopey

That's what we were all expecting tho, use a few willing patsys to spout shite and blame Rafa. Ashleys big hitters Wise and Keys will be up next week to tell us that Rafa is the best pain manager in Newcastles history and was offered the biggest ever transfer fund but Newcastle are not Man U or Liverpool so we can't match them and after all Pardew finished 5th with lower wages and smaller budget.

Ash knows the importance of Rafa to the club & wants to keep him otherwise he wouldn't have offered him a contract. The deal on offer is a good one & a realistic one. If Rafa's contact expires as much as I'd like to we can't blame Ashley forcing him out.

That's what we were all expecting tho, use a few willing patsys to spout shite and blame Rafa. Ashleys big hitters Wise and Keys will be up next week to tell us that Rafa is the best pain manager in Newcastles history and was offered the biggest ever transfer fund but Newcastle are not Man U or Liverpool so we can't match them and after all Pardew finished 5th with lower wages and smaller budget.

Nailed on that his stooges and cronies will come out in the next few weeks

Who will be our next manager is anyones guess

Ash knows the importance of Rafa to the club & wants to keep him otherwise he wouldn't have offered him a contract. The deal on offer is a good one & a realistic one. If Rafa's contact expires as much as I'd like to we can't blame Ashley forcing him out.

:lol:

The contract is the absolute bare minimum Imo. Also, it's not just about money, it's about getting transfers done early, complete control, signing players no matter what age, trust, academy, infrastructure etc. etc..

Ashley forced him out a long time ago! The reason he has stayed for this long is because of the fans and his family.